The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

JAPAN 2012 / 2013

Yeah, Niseko is chock full of hooligans!!!!!

Everyone go to Canada!!!!!

I know you’re “avin a lend”

but like most places - there are resorts that cater for the masses where you’ll find the douchebags and those that don’t.

i prefer the latter.

I think that even if you go to a resort that is catered for the douches you can still easily avoid them.

Don’t right of a place just because of reports.

Last time I went to Niseko, I didn’t see one case!!!!!

Nor did I when in Whistler this year!!!!! People write that off as an Aussie Hooligan Magnet also!!!!!

People that find this stuff must be hangin in the wrong places?????

But, as I said, I’m more than happy for others to go elsewhere!!!!! Matter of fact, I encourage it!!!!!

Having spent a lot of time in Japan with work, it’s generally a safe place, generally nice people and generally tourists take advantage of that.

Never been to the snow though, but I can say with certainty the amount of tourists that fuck shit up in Tokyo is astounding. I’m glad I have work colleagues to take me out so I avoid the tourist dumps. The easiest way to avoid bogans while travelling overseas? Avoid going out (at night) to areas in the Lonely Planet.

did run into a few bunches while in niseko but im in such high spirits i really cant be stuffed to let other people ruin it

the end tongue laugh

ozgirl - 10 October 2012 05:53 AM

This discussion reminds me of this

http://blogs.smh.com.au/travel/archives/2009/10/where_to_get_your_travel_cred.html

So true!!!!!

It would be like tellin an OS tourist to steer clear of Sydney because of the hooligans and high crime rate!!!!!

ozgirl - 10 October 2012 04:27 AM

I think that even if you go to a resort that is catered for the douches you can still easily avoid them.

Don’t right of a place just because of reports.

you mean “right off” yeah?

because of reports? I have actually been there. and hakuba.

i’m not writing off anything. i just posted a few helpful hints on a few japanese traditions and also pointed out that there are a few resorts that are easily accessible and because of this, UNFORTUNATELY it attracts certain people. It happens everywhere.

Either way - as long as you’re having fun - no issues here smile

Ah way to be a douche and correct my grammar - clap clap!

And i agree as long as you are having fun that’s all that matters!

I just think it is sad that people avoid certain places because of reputation - Bali is another classic example.

Wasn’t correcting your grammar to be a douche - i just wasn’t sure what you were getting at. My grammar is woeful at the best of times.

I understand your point, but without sounding like an oracle/pretentious snob type - I’ve travelled through Japan 7 or 8 times now and this has been an observation that I have made and therefore think I can make a pretty accurate statement.

Either way - have a good time.

*write off

Here’s another “Ten Things” list, written by one of my best mates:

http://travel.ninemsn.com.au/world/1034966/ten-things-you-have-to-know-about-skiing-in-japan

They’re both honest reviews!!!!!

Neither mentioned anything about “Bogans” anywhere!!!!!