The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Welcome to Boardworld - Introduce Yourself Here

xnonymous - 30 September 2012 10:05 AM

Welcome to Boardworld Duane!

I’m just curious, is A Loose Alliance a snowboarding crew?

kinda….but not a very serious one. more like any type of ‘board’ crew and one that doesn’t really care how good you are as long as you are having a ball on a board and like to hang out, although to be fair the pain (Duane) is kinda ok on all boards rage
There isn’t really any restrictions other than that you have to be open minded enough to not care what others are riding and not care if someone is learning or not as good as you, If they are on a board then its good enough grin .

Good attitude that… and welcome Duane!! Good to have you here

Welcome, Danger Mouse! grin

DUANO!!!!

Welcome Duane!

CRACKERS - 30 September 2012 12:09 PM
xnonymous - 30 September 2012 10:05 AM

Welcome to Boardworld Duane!

I’m just curious, is A Loose Alliance a snowboarding crew?

kinda….but not a very serious one. more like any type of ‘board’ crew and one that doesn’t really care how good you are as long as you are having a ball on a board and like to hang out, although to be fair the pain (Duane) is kinda ok on all boards rage
There isn’t really any restrictions other than that you have to be open minded enough to not care what others are riding and not care if someone is learning or not as good as you, If they are on a board then its good enough grin .

Ah wow, cool. Brilliant outlook. More boarders need to adopt this attitude smile

Dbyrnes123 - 30 September 2012 07:24 AM

Hi all.
I am Duane. I ride with the a loose alliance crew
Crackers made me sign up. he beat me until I did it so here I am.
I surf skate snowboard bodyboard wakeboard anything on a board
how do I change my name on here?

Welcome to Boardworld, Duane. shaka

Hi Duane, just noticed your in Thirroul!
I do a bit of work at Gringos and the attached bar.
I’ve surfed plenty around the area over the last 20years.
We might have met. But then I didn’t meet CRACKERS until this year.

Hey guys & gals!

Jeremy from Olliepop Films here on the Boardworld forums.

Been told off by the boss man himself for being a member this last 12 months and doing absolutely nothing on this forum. Woops!

So I’m here now anyways just bloggin away to say hey and what up.

If anyone has any Qs / wants to know / oi mate queries or camera stuff hit me up and i WILL TRY to answer as quick and best as I can.

I’ve just rocked up into that Sydney town of Bondi to dive into organising the BW / Olliepop Northern Hemi series in Whistler again. This winter planning for a 4 ep series with more sledding and more urban to mix with that super fun park lap stuff.

We’ll be off on a couple other trips that are a bit hush hush still but it’s looking like a busy summer ahead.

Stoked on all the support we’ve been given this last 12 months with When In Whistler and Oi Mate by the Boardworld members, it’s literally transformed Olliepop Films and put us on the global stage. so Cheers!

This winter was probably the most hectic and fun winter I’ve had in Australia. Moving from my local hill of Falls Creek to be based in Jindabyne was a big move. It would not of been possible without the big dawg at Boardworld continuing to throw support my way (big cheers to him to) and with MTN DEW (TEAM DC) and Oi Mates series, it was a busy winter. We were also at the Mile High and STYLEWARS as well as attempting to get myself neck deep into creating a clothing line for Olliepop Films.

We’re stoked to finally have a limited range up and running at what is called THE STORE @ http://www.olliepopfilms.com where you just click the link and it takes you to our http://www.ollliepopfilms.bigcartel.com/ store.

Our garments are kept pretty limited in numbers at this stage as we want the people that wear the clothes to know they’re one of less than 20 to own such a piece, keeping it a bit exclusive. We’re stoked on the quality of the garments and the heat transfer prints we have and have kept the designs pretty simple to start with.

Anyways that about wraps up life and what’s the go.

Feel free to say hey. hit us up.

Jeremy

the

Camerakid

Welcome a board Jeremiah!!!!!  shaka

And Jez doesn’t run this place!!!!! That’s my job!!!!!

Welcome to all shaka

Hey Jez, great to see you on here. Welcome to the forums! shaka

Welcome dude!

Hey all!,

I’m h0z aka. Holly,

I’m a converted Skier (just finished my second season Snowboarding and im LOVING it!! - started attempting jumps towards the end, and cant wait for next season..)
as a skier, i never really ‘missed’ the snow, was more just something fun to do.. but this year im actually sad to see the end of the season! and counting down till 2013!

I used to skate, now mainly blade, but after loving snowboarding I’m contemplating giving it another shot, also looking into surfing/ or wake boarding, as im right on the beach with a lake next to it,

Just trying things where i wont get too badly injured, as i seem to be accident prone ( actually i just like to try stupid things haha)

*waves* smile

h0z - 13 October 2012 11:43 AM

Hey all!,

I’m h0z aka. Holly,

I’m a converted Skier (just finished my second season Snowboarding and im LOVING it!! - started attempting jumps towards the end, and cant wait for next season..)
as a skier, i never really ‘missed’ the snow, was more just something fun to do.. but this year im actually sad to see the end of the season! and counting down till 2013!

I used to skate, now mainly blade, but after loving snowboarding I’m contemplating giving it another shot, also looking into surfing/ or wake boarding, as im right on the beach with a lake next to it,

Just trying things where i wont get too badly injured, as i seem to be accident prone ( actually i just like to try stupid things haha)

*waves* smile

welcome. you found the right place. Always remember that skis are just things you use in the back country to get to the top of the hill before you join them back together to make a snowboard and ride back down in style tongue wink