The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

JAPAN 2012 / 2013

Mizu Kuma - 04 October 2012 01:15 AM

Devo, lanox!!!!!

And ya dates don’t coincide with any of ours?????

There was talk about someone else thinkin about goin around the same time as the Ullr Boys!!!!! Maybe line somethin up there?????

Why not go over with DRC?????

Ohh, and ya plan looks great DRC!!!!! If ya don’t mind me askin, what’s the damage bill for that so far????? I’d love to go to the fire festival, but feb is the best month for me!!!!!

dunno

lol i think after the shred he probably wants to stay away lol ...

Mizu my dates are open now by the looks of it so i can even go in jan or feb so i might see and meet with bw crew….

i dunno yet.

Dave

Jetstar got quiet good flight right now

$1089 direct flight ,return +20KG

Mizu Kuma - 04 October 2012 03:17 AM

Sounds good!!!!!

Checked the accom that ya got at Nozawa too, and they have some good reviews!!!!!  shaka

Yeah got lucky there as I didn’t have much choice in Nozawa. The place in Myoko is #1 on tripadvisor as well which is comforting.

ozgirl - 04 October 2012 03:18 AM

Sounds great!

Good deals on accom - thats the sort of prices i think of when I plan Japan trips!

Yeah I was pleasantly surprised. I thought I’d have bigger troubles booking as a single and had allowed ~10000yen/night

lanox - 04 October 2012 03:28 AM

lol i think after the shred he probably wants to stay away lol ...

Mizu my dates are open now by the looks of it so i can even go in jan or feb so i might see and meet with bw crew….

i dunno yet.

Dave

Jetstar got quiet good flight right now

$1089 direct flight ,return +20KG

Hadn’t noticed the bit about your mates. Still do it mate, in a lot of ways travelling by yourself is the best, you set your own schedule, eat where you want to, do what you want to, board without waiting for anyone etc. Even someone who isn’t hugely outgoing like myself easily made a bunch of friends last time in Hakuba.

The only time it really sucked was when things went wrong like they did for me which felt very isolating/lonely but the pros outweigh the cons for me.

Checked the jetstar site as soon as I saw your post. Still full price for my dates or am I missing something?

yeah u right sorry i was checking the dates that i was going to go…. which where 519 from syd and return was 495.

but the dates that you are going is still full price.

yeah i might still go…..

drc13 - 04 October 2012 03:38 AM

Hadn’t noticed the bit about your mates. Still do it mate, in a lot of ways travelling by yourself is the best, you set your own schedule, eat where you want to, do what you want to, board without waiting for anyone etc. Even someone who isn’t hugely outgoing like myself easily made a bunch of friends last time in Hakuba.

Gotta point out that ya met up with Billy too????? Might’ve played a part in the scheme of things?????

mizu when are you in nozawa again, ??

Mizu Kuma - 04 October 2012 03:50 AM
drc13 - 04 October 2012 03:38 AM

Gotta point out that ya met up with Billy too????? Might’ve played a part in the scheme of things?????

Yeah meeting up with Billy convinced me that in future I’m definitely travelling alone!  LOL

Unfortunately Billy was only around for a couple of days before she had to head home, the rest of the trip I was by myself.

18th - 25th Feb, lano!!!!!

But a whole heap of crew will be up in Niseko ridin sweet sweet pow pow from the 1st - around mid Feb!!!!!

that would be the go for sure!!!!!

You haven’t been to Hokkaido yet either yeah?????

nop i havent , meh i will see what i do ... i am quiet sure i will go somewhere.but yeah ...

Not interested in Niseko?????

hey there’s overlap there

are you leaving on the 25th?
we arrive into niseko in the arvo on 24th boarding ...leaving on 2nd march

Mizu Kuma - 04 October 2012 04:12 AM

nah not right now i prefer to go nozawa and myoko ....

i think i might stick to my dates and just go ...

humdingaling - 04 October 2012 04:14 AM

hey there’s overlap there

are you leaving on the 25th?
we arrive into niseko in the arvo on 24th boarding ...leaving on 2nd march

Nah, that’s the dates for Nozawa, mate!!!!!

Will be in Nis for the first two weeks in Feb!!!!!

lanox - 04 October 2012 04:16 AM
Mizu Kuma - 04 October 2012 04:12 AM

nah not right now i prefer to go nozawa and myoko ....

i think i might stick to my dates and just go ...

I wouldn’t listen to crap that some people spew about Niseko bein overrated, if that’s ya mind set!!!!!

I say, go and experience it yaself in order to form ya own opinion of the place!!!!!

After all, everyone that talks negative about it, did?????  wink

didnt know jetstar fly direct from Sydney?

might even considering jetstar again if they did
the stop over in cairns/gold coast is just so bad