The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

JAPAN 2012 / 2013

lanox - 03 October 2012 06:40 AM
drc13 - 03 October 2012 06:02 AM
Mizu Kuma - 03 October 2012 05:17 AM

Who’s Frothin for this to go down????? dance

Me!!!!!!  dance

Accommodation is booked just need to sit back and hope for some decent flights to come up now!

In the meantime I’m spending way to much time tempting myself into buying a new board for the trip!

where you staying ? and did you get a singel room ?

Yeah mate single/private/non-smoking rooms.

7 nights in Myoko @ Hotel Moc
7 nights in Nozawa @ Resort In Toemu (got very lucky to be able to book the 15th as the fire festival means the town is packed)
4ish nights in Tokyo I’ll organise closer to the date after I’ve got flights sorted probably Shinjuku again.

Sounds wicked Dave!!! Ooooh loved that fire festival. Wonder if there’s any near niseko???
Ps. Paid my japow trip in full today. Woooohoooo!!!!!

there’s a snow festival in sapporo….
not quite the same

Billy - 03 October 2012 07:21 AM

Sounds wicked Dave!!! Ooooh loved that fire festival. Wonder if there’s any near niseko???
Ps. Paid my japow trip in full today. Woooohoooo!!!!!

Yeah really looking forward to this trip, although the company may not be as good as last time tongue wink

I heard so many great things about the fire festival when I arrived one day after it last time I wasn’t going to miss it again teacherboy  I will try to avoid copping a sake bottles to the eye!

You’re going to love Niseko bring on some big dumps in January!

Hahaha oooh yeah, watch out for those sake bottles - they jump!!

Yup I’ve been to niseko before, it’s wicked! Looking forward to ging back!!

Ps. Have a look around for my grey glove at nowaza!! It got pulled off in the huge crowds! That fire festival was madness! billy

ffs looks like my plans are going to shit, from 4 ppl going they all drooped out now it looks like i will be going alone.

Aw that sucks Lano! But you’ll always have BW friends around!

Devo, lanox!!!!!

And ya dates don’t coincide with any of ours?????

There was talk about someone else thinkin about goin around the same time as the Ullr Boys!!!!! Maybe line somethin up there?????

Why not go over with DRC?????

Ohh, and ya plan looks great DRC!!!!! If ya don’t mind me askin, what’s the damage bill for that so far????? I’d love to go to the fire festival, but feb is the best month for me!!!!!

humdingaling - 03 October 2012 07:25 AM

there’s a snow festival in sapporo….
not quite the same

I’m gonna see the Ice Festival this trip!!!!!

I’ll suss it out and give feedback as to whether it’s worth it or not!!!!! Apparently it’s a big deal over there though!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 04 October 2012 01:15 AM

Ohh, and ya plan looks great DRC!!!!! If ya don’t mind me askin, what’s the damage bill for that so far????? I’d love to go to the fire festival, but feb is the best month for me!!!!!

Cheers mate very excited!

Just about to head for a swim but when I get back I’ll give you a full run down of costs so far (very reasonable imo)

i went back in 2011

its basically ice sculpture’s
Saporro is worth the visit if you haven’t been before

Yeah, that’s another reason why we’re headin in too!!!!!

Heard that it’s the best place in Japan for Ramen!!!!!

Ok so currently this is a break down of the costs/plans

It’s all dependent on getting flights for the correct dates but this is presuming I do.

Leave Sydney 8th January presuming I go Jetstar arrive ~7pm and catch IM Taxi straight to Myoko

7 nights in Myoko @ Hotel Moc single/private/non-smoking room with breakfast included for 6400yen/night with the 7th night free so 38400yen for the week.

Transfer to Nozawa on the 15th (haven’t looked into this yet but probably use local trains/buses and enjoy the fire festival that night knowing I can crash a few minutes walk away in town

7 nights in Nozawa @ Resort In Toemu for 7500yen/night single/private/non-smoking room with breakfast included so 52500yen for the week.

Catch the Shinkansen back to Tokyo on the 22nd

4ish nights in Tokyo I’ll organise closer to the date after I’ve got flights sorted probably Shinjuku again.

Fly home 26th

So so far for 14 nights including breakfast at Myoko/Nozawa I’m up to 90900yen

Sounds good!!!!!

Checked the accom that ya got at Nozawa too, and they have some good reviews!!!!!  shaka

Sounds great!

Good deals on accom - thats the sort of prices i think of when I plan Japan trips!