The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Boardworld instagram for iPhone.

TJswish - 26 September 2012 01:21 AM

I think that just by being on the snowboard forums, Kim would know more about snowboarding than some retard marketing ski team from Perisher. Maybe not as much as yourself or Jeremy, but I don’t see you putting up your hand to help.

You keep grouping all skiers into a group that should be 4-5 people large that are using the term free-riding incorrectly. I know lots of skiers who I totally respect and enjoy riding with and I think it’s unfair that you are labelling people from what you have noticed by a small percentage (FIS and Perisher Marketing)

If the twitter feeds were purely ‘social’, then Kim’s presence in these forums would be of benefit - but that’s simply not the case.

I’m not “grouping all skiers” at all - just those in snow marketing. In reality, skiers make up the overwhelming majority of snow marketing - not just in Australia, internationally. The misappropriation of the term ‘freeriding’ is simply one example of their incompetence. Incidentally, did you get it wrong on purpose?

And by actually telling it like it is instead of offering up vacuous encouragement like the people who (with all the best intentions) let their friends embarrass themselves on TV talent shows, “putting up [my] hand to help” is exactly what I’m doing.

I don’t really want to weigh in on this argument, but just checking that everyone is aware that it’s incredibly simple to automate tweets directly from a facebook post and vice versa?

I don’t see the need for someone to rehash and tweet 99% of riders facebook posts (under the official BW logon) when it can all be done automatically.

Something as simple as that with maybe the occasional trending forum thread link would be a essentially a hassle free setup with the ability to still manually tweet more important/urgent announcements if needed.

SHUT UP AND PULL YOUR HEAD IN CHUCKY!

Kim has more than enough experience and generations of snow knowledge in her family to know her stuff.

Better someone like her do it than someone that will nitpick a make mole hills into Everests, leading to persons such as rider and myself to defend our association to that person.

Its currently is DRC but it is not utilizing the platform that is twitter correctly grin

Thanks Spaz!  shaka

ozgirl - 26 September 2012 02:11 AM

Its currently is DRC but it is not utilizing the platform that is twitter correctly grin

Ahh no worries sorry for stating the obvious teacherboy

Didn’t even know we already had a twitter running, I’ll have to follow it now!

Delusions of adequacy.

snowbum_spaz - 26 September 2012 01:58 AM

Better someone like her do it than someone that will nitpick a make mole hills into Everests, leading to persons such as rider and myself to defend our association to that person.

Oh, you mean someone who would rather knock back a job than do it badly, and who is willing to fight for what’s right, regardless of whose petty sensibilities it may offend? I’m perfectly comfortable in my role as an iconoclast, as I possess what so many others lack - integrity.

A job worth doing, deserves more than doing it half-arsed.

drc13 - 26 September 2012 01:58 AM

I don’t see the need for someone to rehash and tweet 99% of riders facebook posts (under the official BW logon) when it can all be done automatically.

Something as simple as that with maybe the occasional trending forum thread link would be a essentially a hassle free setup with the ability to still manually tweet more important/urgent announcements if needed.

Agreed - and the ‘manual’ aspect should only be implemented if there’s value added through doing so.

I’ll way into this debate too!!!!!

As oz has stated she is willing to work with Jez, show him how Twitter can be used effectively for the good of the site!!!!!

A similar role to that of nacho, with the running of this whole site I would imagine!!!!!

Pretty sure that Jez will want to oversee all and any content that is posted in the name of Boardworld?????

He may be a short man that possess a lego haircut, and used to have a love affair with ice skating, but I’m damn sure he’s not as silly as he looks!!!!!

I say good on oz for puttin her hand up, when nobody else has even bothered to lift a finger in regards to Twitter!!!!!

Mizu Kuma - 26 September 2012 03:02 AM

Pretty sure that Jez will want to oversee all and any content that is posted in the name of Boardworld?????

As far as Twitter goes - if he actually had the time to “oversee all and any content that is posted in the name of Boardworld”, he could just post it himself.  rolleyes    teacherboy

chucky - 26 September 2012 03:30 AM
Mizu Kuma - 26 September 2012 03:02 AM

As far as Twitter goes - if he actually had the time to “oversee all and any content that is posted in the name of Boardworld”, he could just post it himself.  rolleyes    teacherboy

Just like he does when he makes those Oi’mate Films, or creates all of the graphics done by you?????

rolleyes teacherboy rolleyes teacherboy rolleyes

Once again:

chucky - 26 September 2012 03:30 AM

As far as Twitter goes . . .

Twitter is an entirely different animal, it’s supposed to be instantaneous. If you have time to be checking everything, you have time to just do it yourself.

Maybe you should help oz then?????

I’d only consider myself qualified to autonomously manage Twitter feeds on snowboarding, not skateboarding (well, not any more anyway) or surfing.

Not sure that you have a complete understanding of the role twitter plays in social media chucky because your posts are to difficult to comprehend with all the big words you use that most snowboarders, skaters or surfers don’t would even know are part of the English language.

Honestly I can’t be bothered to read 80% of what you write these days.
Which is a pity because I’m know you have a relevant point - it just gets lost in the dribble and insults.