The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2012

Northern Lights - 26 September 2012 02:12 AM

Heading down on Monday, is it worth the 1200km round trip? Keen for a final run for the season. X 3

You can say that again!

As to whether it’s worth it only you can decide that. If you’re keen for a final run well do it just don’t expect the best snow conditions in the world.

I’m hoping the predicted system kicking in Friday night makes for a fun Saturday!

no need to repeat yourself 3 times LOL

its not for me…everything is already packed and stored ...awaiting JAPOW

apparently the base is still in tact… but most of the lifts are shutting down
you may get some snow on sat/sun for last hurray
red eye run this late in season you must be keen a mustard

drc13 - 26 September 2012 02:18 AM

I’m hoping the predicted system kicking in Friday night makes for a fun Saturday!

It’s likely to be wet snow, following rain, so it’ll be even stickier than it is currently. The worst day we had there last week, was after 4cm of ‘fresh snow’.

chucky - 26 September 2012 02:30 AM
drc13 - 26 September 2012 02:18 AM

It’s likely to be wet snow, following rain, so it’ll be even stickier than it is currently. The worst day we had there last week, was after 4cm of ‘fresh snow’.

Hah after our discussion at the shred I believe you mean “powder”

Yeah I’m not expecting much at all but I’ll still have fun and the freedom pass lessens the blow.

Yeah mate, if I had accommodation and a co-driver, I’d probably go too.

“Powder”! LOL

Today’s snow report has heaps of park footage. Looking in fine form for this late in the season.

Sad that Friday is almost certain to be a clear snow event :-( (But Ullr and Friday snow session have been a mighty fine combo this season so we wont know til it happens!)

But we will have a great weekend anyway.

Have a great weekend anyone that is heading up! If I wasn’t still sick, I would have been day tripping on Saturday (no football this weekend!)

SICK!  Pretty excited for this weekend after that, didn’t really think I would be ha ha!

AshStix - 25 September 2012 04:05 AM

WOWOWOWOW! I already was excited about this weeekend, now Im even more stoked! :D

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it looks like they’ve closed Blue Cow and Smiggens today….  downer

BUT the half pipe is still open, I really really enjoyed riding that thing, never really done it before but it started to make sense to me at the shred, hope it makes the weekend.

Woooo Hooooo

Tomorrow going to be miserable but snow forecast for everyday of the weekend!

ozgirl - 27 September 2012 07:39 AM

Woooo Hooooo

Tomorrow going to be miserable but snow forecast for everyday of the weekend!

I’m excited! the shred seems so long ago, I’m not sure how I’m going to make it through the January after this trip!

drc13 - 26 September 2012 10:08 PM
AshStix - 25 September 2012 04:05 AM

WOWOWOWOW! I already was excited about this weeekend, now Im even more stoked! :D

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but it looks like they’ve closed Blue Cow and Smiggens today….  downer

bugger! Yeah just looked at the lift report, 12 lifts left open. I dont rly care about Smigs but was keen to ride Zali’s one last time. Oh well it will still be good to get back down for one last trip and catch up with peps smile

I’m guessing it must be pretty average/bad today due to Perisher lack of updates. Is the snow they are predicting likely to fall? Still contemplating the Monday red eye trip. Anyone there today?

fall is still predicted but for Saturday…

since your doing a red eye
just look it up on Sunday night