The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Hotham 2012

Yeah did anyone see feathertop? It’s brown from that dust storm!!

When we were there last week!!!!!

Ahhh Hotham <3
Yeah feathertop is a little brown! wink

Not just Feathertop, the whole mountain is covered in dodgy brown patches.  It’s definitely dust that has blown onto it rather than mud coming through from underneath.  Had a band of rain followed by a little snow today.  Oh well, it is spring!

Yeah I know mud!!! I wonder where it came from? A few years ago there was a dust storm somewhere and all the slopes were red! It was gross!!!

There was a dust storm a few days before I hit Hotham!!!!! Reached NSW side as well!!!!!

Then it did get covered up by a small wet dump, so maybe that top layer has melted and left the layer of dust exposed again?????

You can see it in my pics, as the snow isn’t bright white as it normally is, and even some of those sections that look like shadowing aren’t really shadows!!!!!

Yeah Mizu you are spot on.

Gotta say, the place is virtually deserted. I reckon there were maybe 5 people on Big D after lunch. Brilliant sunny weather, cheap tickets…. wtf? Where is everybody?

Mudhoney - 19 September 2012 07:51 AM

Gotta say, the place is virtually deserted. I reckon there were maybe 5 people on Big D after lunch. Brilliant sunny weather, cheap tickets…. wtf? Where is everybody?

2 sleeps! shred

Billy - 19 September 2012 08:36 AM
Mudhoney - 19 September 2012 07:51 AM

2 sleeps! shred

Damn, we’ll probably miss you Billy. Going home Sat morning.

Stuck in the middle hey, Mud!!!!!

Yeap.  I’ve only been able to get out for a few hours each day due to kids etc but still having a blast.

Yeah, even though the snow was crud when we were there, ya can’t not help but have fun in the hills!!!!!

I don’t mind the slush aka hero snow.  My carving is much more heroic than it was in July!

Bugger mud!!! downer

Billy - 19 September 2012 12:08 PM

Bugger mud!!! downer

No thanks!