The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

JAPAN 2012 / 2013

ozgirl - 19 September 2012 12:48 AM

Size: 29.5” x 15.75” x 12.5”

Am i correct in thinking this fits under?

Yeah, way under the size limit!!!!!

ozgirl - 19 September 2012 12:45 AM

Your day bag????

Non Wheelie type padded sleeve!!!!!

The term Day Runner is used for similar bags for Surfboards!!!!!

yeah way under limit…combined 80” = 203cm

freaking sucks apes
better off flying jetstar if this the case downer

how long a board you riding mizu?
my 157 tour bag fits under 203cm if you can fit it

My board that I’ll take to Japow is 160, maybe if I removed the bindings to make it flatter and lose some of the total dimension it would work!!!!!

But then it isn’t on wheels, so I’d have to carry it on my shoulder, along with another backpack and wheelie luggage, so whatever way I go, it aint working!!!!!

When I went with Jetstar, I was over the weight by like 3kg and had a 166 bag and no questions asked…

TJswish - 19 September 2012 04:59 AM

When I went with Jetstar, I was over the weight by like 3kg and had a 166 bag and no questions asked…

Me too TJ!

It all changed mid this year

Although Qantas/Jetstar haven’t been d!cks about the length of the bag yet.

ozgirl - 19 September 2012 05:28 AM

It all changed mid this year

Although Qantas/Jetstar haven’t been d!cks about the length of the bag yet.

I hope it stays that way, im flying qantas!

You should be fine - even if it changes they can’t change it on current ticketed flights (ie if you have already paid for them)

They actually have 2 x 23kg baggage on QANTAS to Japow now!!!!!

BUT, if one of them is your board, it will count as one of those peices, and must only contain 1 Board/1 PR Boots etc etc!!!!!

If ya take two boards in one bag, it will count as two pieces, even if the total is under 23kg!!!!!

I farken hate airlines!!!!! Why do they make shit difficult????? A holiday is supposed to be non-stressful!!!!!  rage

Mizu Kuma - 19 September 2012 07:03 AM

I farken hate airlines!!!!! Why do they make shit difficult????? A holiday is supposed to be non-stressful!!!!!  rage

This!!!!!!!!

I knew I liked flying them for a reason!

Mizu rent a board there - prob cheaper than the excess baggage fees!

I could not be farked carrying my ski’s RTW!

ozgirl - 19 September 2012 08:47 AM

I knew I liked flying them for a reason!

Mizu rent a board there - prob cheaper than the excess baggage fees!

I could not be farked carrying my ski’s RTW!

Nah, gonna take both our gear in the big bag, make it under 23kg and just pay the US$300!!!!!

Then we will take the other 3 bags as well!!!!! 1 we will fill up with Nihon Goodies!!!!!

Our fares were only around $1500 for SYD>TOKYO>SAP>TOKYO-OSAKA>TOKYO>SYD, so I’m not that bothered!!!!!

I can take two boards with me that way too!!!!! QANTAS, I can only take 1 board, and will also miss out out on the extra 23kg of Goodies!!!!!

Plus hiring other gear for the both of us for 18 days riding, in two diff resorts will most likely add up to that $300 Fee anyways!!!!!

Sounds like a plan!

renting is more expensive….works out cheaper to lug your own even with airline excess =\

checked our rhythm Niseko…
60 bucks a day….$505 for 18 days…(comes with bindings so dont know if its cheaper without) x 2 for two people….1000 bucks on rental gear…no thanks
LOL