The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

JAPAN 2012 / 2013

humdingaling - 18 September 2012 05:10 AM

thank me later =p…when your sleeping on the floor LOL *ahem* tatami

Haha thanks mate. From what I’ve seen a single room is usually a little bit cheaper than the total of a double room for two people which I’m happy enough with and 10000y/night would be acceptable. As much as I like traditional Japan I’m not sure how tatami would go after 2 weeks of snowboarding in (hopefully) powder!

Need a decent option for both Myoko and Nozawa I might start getting in contact with some of the recommended places over there and ask them if they have single rates.

I am yet to go the tatami floor with futon, but they reckon it’s pretty damn comfy!!!!!

I will be testin out this theory myself when in Nozawa this Feb!!!!!

Billy - 18 September 2012 06:25 AM

Nice redjames! Where you staying?
Yup miz, flying JAL!

You know their new baggage policies?????

203cm combined dimension max, or extra charges!!!!!

I’m very happy to say I’ll be teaching in Hakuba this season!

Happo One to be precise. If any BoardWorlders are in town, hit me a message on here and we’ll meet up for a shred!

Yup miz, flying JAL!

I’m staying hirafu backpackers. Ten mins from the main gondola. I’m also going to Tokyo but am going to stay in a hotel there I’d say. Heaps pumped!!

Andy Aitken - 18 September 2012 07:58 AM

I’m very happy to say I’ll be teaching in Hakuba this season!

Happo One to be precise. If any BoardWorlders are in town, hit me a message on here and we’ll meet up for a shred!

Pretty sure that fatima, Warren and Dolph will be hittin Hakuba!!!!!

What dates will those boys be hittiing up japow?

Tempted to head there now…

They’ll be in Niseko when I am, early Feb, then they head to Hakuba!!!!!

I’ll be stayin in Nis, then off to Nozawa!!!!!

PM them and see if ya can squeeze in before it’s all finalized?????

They should still be able to make changes, as I just did some to mine today before makin the final payment!!!!!

there are some cheap airfare/accom deals still applyin now also!!!!!

Hi Kids!!

It feels like forever since i’ve been on BW.. Oh wait. Thats cause it has been forever!!! Ill admit i have been busy with work (sailing around the world does take up a lot of time). However onto business..

Me and few mates are also planning a shred trip to Niseko around late Jan for 2-3 weeks. Ive already got time off approved just gotta start booking..

It looks like theres alot of ppl heading up there from BW in the new year! Im sure we’ll all get to meet up at some stage or another!

Mizu i saw your gonna be teaching up there?? Are u doing the season?? Lucky if you are!

Anyhoww just wanted to give the heads up and let a few peeps know ill be lurking around Niseko in Jan! I actually havent ridden since April 2011!! So as i can imaginei got a real bad itch to scratch! Crazy!!!

See youse in the pow wow!!!

Mizu Kuma - 18 September 2012 07:41 AM

Yup miz, flying JAL!

You know their new baggage policies?????

203cm combined dimension max, or extra charges!!!!!

I’m not sure?! Tell me more!

http://www.jal.co.jp/en/inter/service/bag/

Size?
The total linear dimensions for each piece of baggage shall not exceed203 cm (80 in.) derived by adding the height, width and length.

Japan?Asia, Guam, Oceania
Extra piece (per piece)  10,000yen (100USD)
Overweight (per piece)  more than 23 kg ~ 32 kg or under:6,000yen (60USD)
more than 32 kg ~ 45 kg or under:30,000yen (300USD)
Oversize (per piece, total linear dimensions)  exceed 203cm:10,000yen (100USD)

Per flight

the old dakine low roller 157 just fits in under this
the new ones do not though mad

As per what humdinga posted, Billy!!!!! ^^^^^^

But I was quoted US$150 for INT, and US$50 for DOM each way!!!!! (I didn’t check the site to confirm)

Even my day bag goes over the dimensions!!!!!  rage

Your day bag????

I am not sure why they have become obsessed with the size of the bags! This is crazy!

But glad i had already decided not to take my ski’s on my trip!

Size: 29.5” x 15.75” x 12.5”

Am i correct in thinking this fits under?