The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2012

Well I couldn’t have asked for a better season at Perisher this year. Last year I only got three weekends in the first two I only had one day of riding because they had one of their worst blizzards during the day (the road to Perisher was put on wind hold) and the other weekend it pissed down with rain we bailed pretty early as we were getting satched.

Anyway 8 weeks here has been rad, I’ve made so many new friends, progressed my skills (I still have a long way to go, Im a slow learner, but Im pretty stoked that Ive started hitting the park for the first time ever this season.) The boardworld shred was definitely one of my highlights of the season! You guys are all sick I had so much fun best way to end the season.

Bring on Northern Hemisphere winter yo!

This season sucks balls for me.

Finally over my cold/flu/bronchitis/lung infection, and within two runs coming back, I root my leg up. That’s in addition to my knee, which is still giving me grief.

Still, having a pretty good day today regardless (after taking yesterday off) - so Perisher closes all lifts in preparation for an impending electrical storm.

The spawn of satan tells me it’s his turn to be feeling under the weather, so we bail - and I make the mistake of looking at this pic from later in the afternoon when the lifts reopened.  rage

Yeah i saw this pic to chucky, I thought the season was done and dusted for me. Then i hear its spewing the white stuff. Hmm what to do?

wow thats puking!

The benj isn’t feeling that great tonight, so I’m getting him as warm and medicated as I can - because we’re in for first chair tomorrow.

So what’s the best game plan for a midweek bout of fresh trackness at Perisher?

And is there any “No sons on pow days” rule I don’t know about?

chucky - 18 September 2012 09:36 AM

So what’s the best game plan for a midweek bout of fresh trackness at Perisher?

Depends on if the wind is blowing as that changes everything but if I was lucky enough for mid week freshies I’d be hitting:

Interceptor Trees
Blue Cow Ridge Chair/Outer Limits
Guthega especially around Schnaxl and Karls
Eyre Tbar

the No Friends/Family on Pow days rule is in full effect!

It looks like the f*ckers have shut down the Ridge Quad for the season - or I’d be all over that!

It’s more the first in the morning game plan I need to figure out. I guess just a couple of runs on FV just to get the legs moving - then lining up for the Quad, so we can make it over to Mt P?

Is it better to get off the Quad at Midstation or the top to get to the Mt P Double Chair first?

Interceptor will still have heaps of tree freshness in the afternoon.

Chuck, just swap his bindings around to the other way from his usual stance, when he figures it out, chuck him a tool and say
“catch up to me when your sorted”

Get off at Mid Chucky, you will be at the bottom of Mt P before the chair even gets to the top of the quad!

I would def be hitting the interceptor chair and going towards discovery trail but ducking off into the trees, i did this for a whole day 2 weeks ago in knee deep snow and made fresh tracks every run of the day. Was amazing.

ozgirl - 18 September 2012 10:14 AM

Get off at Mid Chucky, you will be at the bottom of Mt P before the chair even gets to the top of the quad!

Do we have to skate around the back of Midstation and then scoot on down, or is there a way through under where the balcony is?

Straight under the balcony, past the bottom of Happy valley tee.

If you are worried you might go too low (which is hard - you would really have to F up) make sure you cross over the happy tee, skiers right.

Ta. We’ll just stay as high as possible.

You never know, that pic may be deceptive, and there’ll be bugger all fresh in the morning. There was bugger all snow predicted.

hmmmm…hoping for the weather gods to bring a dump like the end of season last year as im taking my better half down this weekend for more than likely her and my last trip of the season

(photo courtesy of drc)

forecast doesn’t look that promising though but i can still hope smile