The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Best bank for Banking in Whistler? lol

Hey krew, Can anyone put out there what the best bank to deal with is, im working the season in Whistler. Cheers

The bank of Mum and Dad!!!

bahahaha - i crack myself up!!

lol yeah i keep them for bail bonds

I’ve been with RBC bank for the whole time I’ve spent in Whistler, the other main bank that people seem to go with is TD. Going with either of those 2 shouldn’t give you any real problems. RBC has the most convenient ATM locations with a few at the bank itself and another at the rexall pharmacy near the grocery store as compared to TD which only has ATM’s at the branch and the IGA which is down the lower section of the village.

shaka Rad thanks mate!

I have an account with both because TD gave me a credit card straight up, whereas RBC needed evidence of at least 3 months solid income. And by credit card I mean I hand over $500 and they give me a VISA card with a $500 limit!!

ALso, TD have way better opening hours (if that matters, I barely actually go to the bank). I think they’re open till about 9pm weeknights or somethings. Can be handy.

Welcome to Boardworld, DangerJ. cool smile

You’ll have a great time doing the season in Whistler. Do you know where you’re working?

I was originally with RBC for a couple of seasons before moving to TD Canada Trust. TD has been great. That said, RBC were good too. Both are highly reputable banks so you should be fine with either.

Make sure you stick around and post in the 2012/13 Whistler Thread when it pops up.

jacs, how have you been? How was the rest of your season?

I’m going over to Whistler for the season as well, and I live in Ontario. I’ve been with TD all my life, love their service, quick and painless for the most part. Great hours, and lots of options regarding withdrawal/limits.

All the best!

Has anyone had any experience with scotiabank? I’m probably going to live in creekside and they seem to be the only bank with atm’s in the village and creekside so I figure surely that must be more convenient than all in the village.

I haven’t had any experience with them, or known anyone with them, but they are conveniently located right in the middle of the Creekside shops. Sorry I can’t help you further.

From memory their hours are a little different to others and are closed on Mondays I believe which is different to everyone else but thats about it from memory. I think Pete (rah) was with them when he was over there during the 10/11 winter and that was due to the fact that there was a link between them and wetpac which is why he went with them.

Scotia bank isnt that different really.. the only thing that could suck about it is that it has no cash machines in the village so you might have to pay to get cash out in the vill..

And their opening hours are a little shorter especially when compared with TD..

Thats about it

rideonwhistler - 05 October 2012 05:01 PM

the only thing that could suck about it is that it has no cash machines in the village so you might have to pay to get cash out in the vill..

I thought that was the case. Couldn’t remember seeing any Scotia Bank ATMs in the village.

rideonwhistler - 05 October 2012 05:01 PM

Scotia bank isnt that different really.. the only thing that could suck about it is that it has no cash machines in the village so you might have to pay to get cash out in the vill..

And their opening hours are a little shorter especially when compared with TD..

Thats about it

There is a Scotia bank ATM in the 7/11 in the village albeit not the most conveniently located.

Ahhhh smile

Cheers Guys, Looks like ill Check out TD once im there!! No idea on where ill be working yet, I will be in whistler in 2 weeks “STOKED” so should be early enough to find something!