The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

This is a little embarrassing, what would you do?

Poll: Should I ski?
Total Votes: 21
YES
NO

So I have this good mate, he used to snowboard, but now has crossed over to the dark side and skis.

I am going to be meeting up with him soon and wants me to ski with him otherwise we can’t hang out.

What should I do?

question  grrr

Obviously not a good mate if he has put that condition on the trip…

Just tell him you are skiing but that you’re skis have fused/frozen together forming some sort of weird single plank thingy and you’ll have it checked out as soon as you get back home….  shut eye

I probably do more reading on BW than I do posting, and I’ve seen what’s been going on here and I’m still not sure if you’re serious lol! LOL

One of my good mates skis but I’ve known him since before he started skiing, so it’s a little different. Kind of like him coming out of the closet, yeah his lifestyle is a bit different than mine, but he’s still a cool guy and I accept him for who he is. LOL

I’d give it a go. You might like it. wink

I’m with Deano…No idea why a good mate would care what form of snow transport you were using…especially enough to make any kind of stipulations. Honestly, I’d tell said “mate” to shove it! no way I’d go on a surf trip and not bodyboard if I wanted to, just cos someone said “you have to ride a standup board if you want to come”

or

you can only come to the skatepark with me if you ride a scooter and not a skateboard!

sorry what? umm…how about no?!

Surely you haven’t hooked cords twice in one day?

cords - 04 September 2012 09:25 AM

you can only come to the skatepark with me if you ride a scooter and not a skateboard!

It’s OK if it’s the other way around though lol. Mates don’t let mates ride scooters! LOL

drc13 - 04 September 2012 09:29 AM

Surely you haven’t hooked cords twice in one day?

LOL

Clearly Azz you need to take one for the team if Mizu is using this as a test!!

Ski and he will most likely come back to us!!

haha no, not really. I’m assuming that Azz is good natured enough to not string people along unnecessarily! haha

maybe he is more evil than I take him for.

why the hell would someone “test” someone like that? now THAT is weird. haha

haha cords you crack me up!

Clearly you have never meet Azz!

Maybe the “test” is because the someone is Mizu?

Our wedding vows said that Tambo wouldn’t ski again after that day and I would buy her a season pass each year from that day on.

I am thinking I drew the short straw…......  teacherboy

But there is also the “extra curricular” activities wink

No, I haven’t been lucky enough to meet him yet!

That someone known as “mizu” can belt up, then! Not nice to “test” people like that. I’d seriously laugh and then probably tell that someone to go shove it, if that is what they asked/expected! Pretty childish!

I say go skiing…. and just do this all day long LOL

You have not met Miz either then LOL