The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Fastest you’ve been on a snowboard?

Can have a go of it if you download the app? hahaha

Well I should kick arse on ski’s! If i do it in uniform the fun police wont stop me either Mawhahahahah

Downloading!

whoa at what point have i said i have gone 75?

deanobruce - 23 August 2012 10:10 AM

whoa at what point have i said i have gone 75?

oops - you said it was your buddy who went 75. my bad

changed!

haha yeh man, but im keen as shit to give it a crack!

I think you could get a pretty decent speed going down goats gully (the steep bit) in a relatively safe area. Or over on towers like AJ did.

Gave this a crack on the weekend. Confidence was down though because I did my knee on the third run of the first day and tested how hard the ice on mt p was with my head lol perisher tracking got me at 78.6 on bloody Mary. I wanna go back just for one more run to give it another crack now!

So I never got back with my top speed from the second run…...Drum roll….... 98.5 Kph :( :(.  Although not suprised as I felt myself stop accelerating about half way down on both runs. Too much drag, mainly between the board and the snow. Not steep enough I guess.

I’m at Falls this weekend. I’m going to wake up early for first lifts and point it straight down Summit Run. If I don’t break 100 Kph I’ll eat my hat on the Saturday night of the Shred…. smile

If you point straight down summit, you will break 100. And you will prob end up flying into the Eagle chair roof after flying over the rollers near the bottom LOL
Let us know how it goes. I would like to see you try to eat a hat though haha, but Im sure youll hit 100

Another one to point straight down is Racecourse. Skiers right side of Scott’s chair. I only straight lined prob only the 4th lift tower up from the bottom and hit 80ks.

AJ2theC - 07 September 2012 03:54 AM

So I never got back with my top speed from the second run…...Drum roll….... 98.5 Kph :( :(.  Although not suprised as I felt myself stop accelerating about half way down on both runs. Too much drag, mainly between the board and the snow. Not steep enough I guess.

I’m at Falls this weekend. I’m going to wake up early for first lifts and point it straight down Summit Run. If I don’t break 100 Kph I’ll eat my hat on the Saturday night of the Shred…. smile

shaka

yeah dude

Shit yeh!

God speed haha

75-80kms down smiggins between link and the other t bar to the pub… gets a bit hairy when you see noobs snaking into your line of choice towards the bottom

AJ2theC - 07 September 2012 03:54 AM

If I don’t break 100 Kph I’ll eat my hat on the Saturday night of the Shred…. smile

What sort of hat are we talking about here?

cabletieperformance - 07 September 2012 06:53 AM

75-80kms down smiggins between link and the other t bar to the pub… gets a bit hairy when you see noobs snaking into your line of choice towards the bottom

I havent been to smiggins in a couple of years but i dont remember any steep/long runs there?

Yea no chance of 80km at smiggins. You’d hit 50-60 or so if you straight lined it down the blue run but its nothing compared to towers or going down something like olympic / yarandoo / excellerator at high speeds