The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Fastest you’ve been on a snowboard?

give me the man a prize! smile

that was so fast! I reckon 104.5

Ajay clocked 55kms at buller today, what a rocket! wink shaka

AJ2theC - 11 August 2012 07:09 PM

Watch vid, guess speed smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Dde5bDOD4&feature=youtu.be

Haha I enjoyed that more than all the park based snowboarding videos, looking forward to the big reveal!

You must have hit Towers early, I was riding it yesterday arvo and if you tried a speed run in the condition it was in you would spend more time in the air than on the ground.

Pretty quick. From being on a motorbike, I’d guess you were going between 60-80. Knowing the app, you probably broke the 100km mark (app is always quite a bit over the actual speed).

It was so fast that I had farted at the top of the run by the time I was on the lift on the way up I smelt it whafting it ways down.

But seriously it would of been following Jezza and Finney in Whistler. Some good runs those days.

Perisher GPS tracking recorded me doing 180kmh yesterday hmmm
Apart from that fastest speeds were; 59.6, 67.3, 75.8
Slowest was 32.3

i hit 70.1 at falls on the weekend. I felt like id hit 87.9 miles per hour and was about to go back in time, i dont know how you 100 plus people do it.

AJ2theC - 11 August 2012 07:09 PM

Watch vid, guess speed smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Dde5bDOD4&feature=youtu.be

nice one.

the go pro angle does more justice to the speed you’re actually going, where as a handheld just doesn’t cut it.

now for the big 100!

did 65 k’s at falls over the weekend, it was crazy!! I wanted to do another run, but thought i better not push my luck!! Enough for 1 day! Want to live to ride the Perisher Shred! Billy - you’re an awesome mentor!!! smile we gonna celebrate my graduation at Perisher??

AJAY5 - 21 August 2012 10:04 AM

did 65 k’s at falls over the weekend, it was crazy!! I wanted to do another run, but thought i better not push my luck!! Enough for 1 day! Want to live to ride the Perisher Shred! Billy - you’re an awesome mentor!!! smile we gonna celebrate my graduation at Perisher??

Yes, I’m proud of my young apprentice! See below: wink shred

I did 80.6 on Racecourse below Scotts chair at Falls this week.

Freddy had a damn good crack as we were first ones down towers on both monday and tuesday mornings. No fancy app but he go-proed it. He was absolutely flying. Will upload soon and you can see for yourselves!
One of the runs, a skier cut across without looking up the hill, despite the sign saying to do so, freddy hit the brakes but couldn’t do anything, and took the guys legs out from under him. It was absolutely hectic and so lucky no one was hurt!

We all know that the speed thing is always going to be debatable, but lets let technology not get in the way of a good story and bragging rights….

LEADER BOARD SO FAR (according to this thread)

1. Snowbum_Spaz 114
2. K2_SnatchCrewSader - 110
3. captain howdy - 86
4. RPS88A - 84.9
5. drc13 - 80.7
6. skip 11 - 78
7. LowGuido - 77
8. Billy - 76
9. trentradpants 70.1
10. oz girl - 70ish (ski’s)
11. AJAY5 - 65

I’ll grab the app before the shred. See how we go smile