The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2012

Bummer we didn’t find you. I wore my fave Brokeback Mountain rodeo clown jacket tonight because I figured you’d easily spot me in it. The spawn of satan finished earlier than me, so he checked inside while I checked outside.

Not sure what the deal is with my lungs - I felt totally fine all day, but the night air’s kinda messed with me.

WTF! It’s midnight, and I’ve got to be up at 5.30 to pack everything up while the offspring looks on apathetically, check out, drive to Perisher to make the 7.14 SkiTube to Blue Cow for first tracks, ride it like I stole it, then drive back to Sydney (again, like I stole it). This is gonna hurt.

cords - 10 August 2012 11:08 PM

why spaz? whyyyy?

ollie + billyrockercool smirk

WTF! It’s 2am,

That’s sick Chucky, (keep your eyes open for Jamie wink )
So wanted to do that today, I didn’t register for it and…um….it’s 2am
I’ll do the later shift at 9.00

Since Thursday night I’ve been trying to upload this vid, finally last night I had a window when the internet worked at proper speeds and it loaded in 7min. Previous attempts had taken up 30hrs to load 80%.

DOTS

Nice one Spaz shaka
Wish I was there…

Epic day Spaz… shaka

Had another good weekend down Perisher this weekend, the girlfriend progressed really well at Smigs, did a fair bit of the triple chair and she is starting to get turns a bit better which is good.  I managed some time in the Piper park as well, I spun my first 3 since I broke myself 8 weeks ago albeit only on like a 10ft table top, did front and back which was a good feeling.  On Sunday the girl was a bit sore so I went and did a quick 3 hours or so, headed over to Rollercoaster from Smigs as soon as I could. 

Was having a great time going down there until right at the bottom, built up a heap of speed at the bottom and was sticking right to the left edge to get a clear run.  Out of the corner of my eye I could see this guy who seemed to be weaving slowly across the entire run, as I was so close to the extreme left edge I figured he would turn before that and all would be well.  Assumption had the usual outcome and he elected to come right to the edge directly in front of me to start his turn, I jumped on the anchors hard but was never going to stop, the impact was soft but put us both on the ground.  The other guy pretty much got up and went on his way after giving me a weird look, my goggles had come off and slid off the run so I had to unstrap and go get them, never saw the guy again.  I’m aware that this would be considered my fault but honestly every man and his dog flogs through that last part and those that don’t won’t be making slow dawdling turns over the entire width of the run.  I was pretty pissed about it for a while, mostly cause I ended up on my back, the POC protector did it’s job though.

Other than that the weekend was awesome, the snow quality was good, I got to do a bit more riding that I wanted to do and the girlfriend continues to get better as well.

i swear that happens all the time on lower roller coaster, the other week i had a guy face plant and scorpion right in front of me, had to pop as hard as i could and ended up using his board as a kicker LOL luckily we were both fine

Got back very late last night dead tired after not being able to get any reasonable last minute accommodation to ride today.

Snow conditions on Saturday we’re pretty good with untouched snow still to be found out the back of blue cow on the way to Guthega. Unfortunately lift lines we’re bad! We spent well over 30mins in a line at the ridge chair.

We did First tracks Sunday morning, it was nice to get lots of runs in, excellerator was pretty icy but still fun.

On the down side I smashed my damaged ass cheek again and I’m back in a huge amount of pain. Annoyingly the biggest hit was due to a malfunctioning lift gate. It was out of order so open when it miraculously came to life just as I skated through catching and throwing my back leg out resulting in a slam into ice right on my left ass and elbow. My riding took a turn for the worse after that as I was increasingly paranoid about falling on it again.

A fun weekend overall I just look forward to the day I can ride uninjured!

lift lines were redonkulous on Saturday downer

still had a great day
best run of the day was actually traversing back from blue cow using copperhead to mid station
i couldnt see squat as the clouds rolled over and i still had the fire iridiums on

Copperhead goes down to the bottom Pretty Valley.

Bluecow Expressway goes across to the quad.

anyone have any suggestions on the best areas of Perisher to hit up this season if only there for 1 day?? just wondering which side of the resort has the best conditions. I’m looking at sticking to the chairs (avoiding the tbars raspberry ) so either the runs around the Mt Perisher Double Chair (Fall Line, Wylies, Burnum, etc) or the Interceptor Chair / North Face.. or even all the way over to Blue Cow and use the Summit/Ridge Quad chairs…

With the snow the way it is exploring all the runs around the Summit and the Ridge would be good.

But personally the nest has been everything around Mt P including Eyre! You can lap around that side and cut back to the chairs but a bit of a PITA.

Everyone wants to do what you want so the queues are soooo long. Rarely any queues at Eyre or Inter.

How freakin epic would it be if some Double Trouble and Devils Playground opened up this season! WOOT

Oh and Interceptor is pretty sweet as well and you can do Nth P without riding the T.

Actually Double Trouble is open!! Can’t see Devil’s on the trail status report…