The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Who boards with music?

I do only on nice sunny days with the music only loud enough that I can hear others around me. On more overcast (lower visibility) days I don’t as I’m usually wearing a helmet!

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 13 July 2012 05:49 AM

I always (at least 80% of the time) ride with tunes, regardless if im riding alone or in a group. But its never blasting, always can hear what is going on and people are saying too me. For the lift rides I genernally turn it down a bit too. I always have my ear buds in. Basically so I can answer a call or skip songs, or pause if I couldnt hear someone. And with the lovely new iPhones, I just tell it to read me the text msg I just got, and I dont even have to take my phone out of my pocket or gloves off. Works for choosing songs too

Exactly my answer, cheers for saving me typing K2 LOL

If anyone is keen on some new music to listen to on the slopes, i have a page that i update with new mixes of mine. Up to about vol.26 from memory. They’re all free to download and share about. Mostly hip hop, dnb, breakbeat and a few other bits n pieces. smile

http://roller.perthdnb.com/mixes/single batch mixes/

captain howdy - 10 August 2012 06:24 AM

If anyone is keen on some new music to listen to on the slopes, i have a page that i update with new mixes of mine. Up to about vol.26 from memory. They’re all free to download and share about. Mostly hip hop, dnb, breakbeat and a few other bits n pieces. smile

for some reason the site doesn’t recognise % 20   in the url

mod - help??

captain howdy - 10 August 2012 06:24 AM

how you do that willis??

Quote me and you’ll see smile

TJswish - 10 August 2012 07:36 AM

Quote me and you’ll see smile

teacherboy

back of the class for me

thanks!

BUMPPPPPPP

so whats everyone like to listen to while they board?

Im trying to add some new flavour to my ipod before the snow season kicks off!

By the way these are my top 20 at the mo (in random order!)
I promise you will shred with this playlist

1. Juicy - Biggie Smalls
2. Picasso Baby - Jay Z
3. Coastline - BOB
4. Drop the game - Flume & Chet Faker
5. Midnight city - M83
6. Video games - (Trap Remix) - Lana Del Rey
7. No Diggity - Blackstreet
8. Baby I got your money - ODB
9. Shook ones II - Mobb Deep
10. Watch out now - Beat Nuts
11. The Pharcyde - Runnin
12. Change clothes - Jay Z
13. Flava in ya ear - Craig Mack, Biggie etc etc
14. Here comes the hotstepper - Ini Kamoze
15. The Message - Grandmaster Flash
16. 99 Problems - Jay Z
17. Stay Alive - Jose Gonzalez
18. Sail - Awolnation
19. Onra (Flume Remix) - Anthem
20. Love is all I got - feed me and crystal fighters

Katalyst’s dusted album
Sooo good
But particularly the track let it all hang out ft. pete rock
maybe my fave ever song

Ok um I have the most random mix of music ever… 

Lately its been more doof doof (since last season I have installed a sub and all new speakers in my car - so now my zoom zoom goes doof doof LOL)

But my music for boarding includes, but is not limited to any thing from, queen to some 80s, alot of remixes and some mash ups, then stuff like deadmau5/noisia/flume/skrillex/david guetta/Avicii/will sparks/ etc.  Then stuff that my friends and I usually sing along to, like late 90s early 00s   then the odd bit of things like slipknot, a perfect circle/tool, cog, the cruel sea…  Then I have stuff like Ellie goulding, missy Higgins, maroon 5 etc haha. Yeh I listen to almost everything.. If it makes me sing along or dance along.. I like it!

beachndogs - 23 May 2014 02:26 PM

Katalyst’s dusted album
Sooo good
But particularly the track let it all hang out ft. pete rock
maybe my fave ever song

This comes as no surprise Jess, great album to ride to - definitely reminds me of driving around whis any time with you. One of my best memories with that album was ‘i put a spell on you’ coming on when I was on catskinner after hitting first jump in the big big line with the adrenaline still pumping, really fit the moment.

bigjmmy - going by what you’ve listed I think you could benefit from some Gang Starr in the mix

For me I ride with music 100% of the time when I’m not working, generally just my forward facing ear if that makes sense, that way I can hear anyone coming up behind me or on the chair I just make sure I’m on one side so I can hear others better. Have a few playlists I’ve made over the years but lately been riding more and more listening to full albums. All mountain charging I definitely like my metal, when it comes to park mainly hip hop. All just depends on my mood and what I feel like riding.

Heres a few albums I found worked well for me this here;
Gramatik - Street Bangerz Vol.3
The Left - Gas Mask
Ghostface Killah - Ironman
Vista Chino - Peace
Graveyard - Hisingen Blues
Machine Head - The Blackening

Nearly always board with music, only dont when i forget my headphones.
playlist consists of mainly hiphop, then just anything im liking at the time, mostly upbeat