The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Olympic Games - London 2012

YEOUCH!!!

OMG was she ok!?!?

She was carted off in a wheelchair to hospital - but I believe that was only precautionary.

I reckon this’d be even more painful!

(the elbow!!!)

blizzard_22 - 04 August 2012 08:24 AM

So apparently one of the Opals players dunked it, first ever woman in the Olympics to do so!

yeah! Liz Cambage! So awesome. She is tallll! and awesome. Go Opals!

Tell you what though London was busy as anything today. Been getting into the cycling at the moment.

An interesting statistic - Scotland makes up only 7% of Great Britain’s Olympic team, but has won 50% of the medals!

That 100m final was so good! Bolt is simply amazing. Goosebumps all over! Can’t wait for the 200m now! Glad Blake got 2nd as well.

Couldn’t agree more. What a spectacle! Ten seconds that stops the world. Amazing for Usain to win in Olympic record time, when a lot of people were starting to doubt him. Great to see Blake come up for second and be so happy about it. The 200m will be great to watch as well. Usain said he might race the 400m in the next Olympics in Rio.

cords - 05 August 2012 09:16 PM

That 100m final was so good!

Yep highlight of the games so far for me. Such a quality field! Just a pity Gaitlin (drugs cheat) got 3rd.

yeah would have much preferred powell to get 3rd so Jamaica would get 1st, 2nd and 3rd! But he pulled a hammy and still finished about 2 seconds faster than my PB haahahaha

rider26 - 05 August 2012 09:56 PM

Amazing for Usain to win in Olympic record time, when a lot of people were starting to doubt him.

I think they might have been until the semi-final when he freaking blitzed it! I just love watching him when he’s like that…gets to the front, everyone else is nearly busting a blood vessel in their brain and he’s all relaxed and looks like he’s jogging! Simply amazing…its like thorpey’s relaxed style in the pool, but better! haha

I completely forgot and missed it :( luckily the TV is on at work this morning and I was able to see a repeat!

cords - 04 August 2012 02:01 PM
blizzard_22 - 04 August 2012 08:24 AM

So apparently one of the Opals players dunked it, first ever woman in the Olympics to do so!

yeah! Liz Cambage! So awesome. She is tallll! and awesome. Go Opals!

Woo! Well done to her.

With all the restrictions placed on non-acredited filming and photography, it was funny seeing the girl in the background of the Usain Bolt interview brazenly holding up that ‘cassette tape’ (just her iPhone cover), and filming the whole thing.