The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Spotted a special - Post it in here!

1-day has snow sale on jackets and pants.

http://www.1-day.com.au/onsale/animalsnow/p/

not sure what these Liquid Image camera goggles are like, but this is a very good price.

That has to be the dogiest review ever.

Convenient that his computer crashed just after he wrote the review! Seems he joined just for that purpose LOL (vested interest much?)

I am much more interested in Cords review?

only slightly vested interest
top of 6 posts all in that topic ..... smirk

ozgirl - 03 August 2012 12:12 AM

Convenient that his computer crashed just after he wrote the review! Seems he joined just for that purpose LOL (vested interest much?)

they are sweet! stuff in my stacks vid I made is filmed with them…the last stack definitely cos that is the goggs flying off my head and rolling away…and the other POV footage in that vid. Easy to use, pretty decent footage, and don’t have to fiddle around like you do with a camera on a helmet!

Electric Snow Goggles less then half price.

http://www.catchoftheday.com.au/smallfish_info.php?event_id=1462&utm_source=cotd&utm_medium=email&utm_term=Newsletter07/08/2012&utm_campaign=sos

I just bought two of the EG2’s, they cost less than the lens now I can roll 3 different lenses in 3 diff goggles without having to go through the PITA of changing the lens itself, win!

that is a pretty good price on the eg2

Ooh, looks a good deal.  Not sure if i’d get the 2 or 2.5 though.  I got an average head on me (size and looks-wise), use a medium sized helmet…
Also, which lens??  If there’s a mirrored one there i’d grab it cos i’m a sneaky peeker.

ahaha I have a pair of EG.5s and they are nearly too big for my face!

cords - 03 August 2012 03:45 AM
ozgirl - 03 August 2012 12:12 AM

they are sweet! stuff in my stacks vid I made is filmed with them…the last stack definitely cos that is the goggs flying off my head and rolling away…and the other POV footage in that vid. Easy to use, pretty decent footage, and don’t have to fiddle around like you do with a camera on a helmet!

Oh okay impressive then

But what fiddling around do you do with camera’s on helmets?

turning them on and off…as well and on and off from filming? I don’t ever film just normal riding down runs or cruising around, or you get massive files full of nothing!
and also changing the settings?

so you still turn off the camera goggles all the time, what difference is there between turning off the camera goggles and a Gopro?

the camera goggles have a light on the inside that shows you whether its on or off. sometimes it can be hard to hear the beep if the gopro is on or off…and also hard to get the right feeling of whether you’ve actually turned it on or off. Its pretty easy to reverse record on a gopro that is mounted to your helmet….or switch the settings to be photo or something by accident, when you can’t see what you’re doing and can’t be bothered stopping to unclip the helmet and check.

I’m not saying don’t buy a gopro and put it on your head because of this one factor, I was just explaining one reason why I liked the camera goggles!