The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Olympic Games - London 2012

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

That is so wrong but so funny!

I just saw this on fb! thank god I have foxtel!

chucky - 02 August 2012 01:09 AM
CRACKERS - 02 August 2012 12:40 AM
chucky - 01 August 2012 02:45 PM
cords - 01 August 2012 01:35 PM

. . . olympic soccer is an U/23 competition. Teams are allowed 3 overage players in their squads…so it isn’t really like the world cup at all.

True, but it only “isn’t really like the world cup at all” because that’s the way the global Association Football overlords want it - so it doesn’t compete with the world cup that their organisation, not the IOC, profits from. It’s yet another reason why soccer shouldn’t be in the Olympic Games.

why should they let them make it like the world cup?

It degrades FIFAs own competitions by having it in the Olympics. Just the same as for snowboarding wink.

You mean like the “FIFA” World Cup, right? (because, of course, it’s not “the” World Cup - it’s just soccer’s world cup)

And “why should they”? Well, there’s no reason why they should. However, the Olympics are supposed to represent the pinnacle of the sport - so if that’s not the case, soccer shouldn’t be included.

Same goes with snowboarding.

Just stirring Chucky. you know I agree totally about the Snowboarding one and I am not to concerned either way about the Soccer, I agree it seems strange to have it in the Olympics.

Did you see there’s a skateboarders’ petition going around that they are signing to give to the IOC - petitioning them NOT to include skateboarding in the Olympics.

“With due respect for Olympic athletes, we the undersigned skateboarders and advocates strongly request that the IOC not recognise skateboarding as an Olympic sport or use skateboarding to market the Olympics,” reads the petition. “Skateboarding is not a “sport” and we do not want skateboarding exploited and transformed to fit into the Olympic program.”

NICE!!!

I’d like to see Lacrosse in the Olympics, and Jai alai.

And Cyclocross!

Cyclocross is cool. Id love MTB DH to be in.

I’m stoked that I at least got to see some men’s C2 WW slalom and women’s K1 WW slalom.

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 02 August 2012 02:19 PM

Id love MTB DH to be in.

From a TV broadcast perspective, I reckon it’d be an awesome Olympic event!!!

How was jessica Fox’s effort!!!

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 02 August 2012 02:19 PM

. . . women’s K1 WW slalom.

Why were they calling it “canoe” slalom?

My new favourite Olympian is Gabrielle Douglas. She’s already won two gold medals in gymnastics. Did anyone watch her win gold in the all-round individual event? She’s awesome!

Sure did! She is a step above the rest. The Russian girl did well also, final performance was on point.

Just watched Michael Phelps win gold in the 200m IM. What a legend! I’m so impressed and stoked by what he has achieved in his career. Just incredible. Michael Phelps, I salute you!

I have really enjoyed the canoe slalom!!! Jessica Fox did really well to make it through considering she got like 4 penalties or something!