The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

JAPAN 2012 / 2013

im possibly depending on how my savings go between now and feb going to japan beginning of feb with the girlfriend and family. anyone got any idea rough figures how much i will need to save and whether im going to be even close thing we are going for 2 weeks.

I took 1000 for 14 days but had some meals and drinks included.

you can def do it on a budget!

yeah sweet as how much are flights like ranging if you get a special or normal. (i should probs search on the net but figured people on here had been there and done it before haha)

Hey can anyone guide me to airport to niseko bus transfer bookings online. Can’t find any helpful info online. Thanks

booking 4 nights in nozawa and 4 nights in myoko kogen. raspberry wooohooo

redjames - 31 July 2012 08:57 AM

Hey can anyone guide me to airport to niseko bus transfer bookings online. Can’t find any helpful info online. Thanks

Yep I can but its at home not here.

Will try and remember to link tonight!

Also using the company I will link back to you get one free day ticket per return transfer! So factor that in grin Its a little known secret.

Lachillingworth - 25 July 2012 11:36 AM

yeah sweet as how much are flights like ranging if you get a special or normal. (i should probs search on the net but figured people on here had been there and done it before haha)

On Qantas - I have never paid more than $999. Pretty sure I have never seen cheaper than that.

One thing if you do go Qantas is that you need to get the special fare from Tokyo to Sapporo. You have to book it with a travel agent, it is a special fare with JAL. Otherwise you are looking at close to $500 to book it separately (it should be under $300)

has anyone stayed at windsor hotel in myoko and Gasthof Schi-Heil in nozawa ?

ask where you booked your accommodation or if you used a travel agent ask them.

captain howdy - 01 August 2012 06:15 AM

Nah don’t do that!

They will over charge you and you wont get the free lift pass!

It was student flights and they said they couldn’t sort it out for me . . .

ozgirl - 01 August 2012 06:27 AM
captain howdy - 01 August 2012 06:15 AM

Nah don’t do that!

They will over charge you and you wont get the free lift pass!

oh soz!

been 6 years since i was there last

where is this free lift pass deal

actually i forgot if i pre-booked or not..i think we just winged it
when we landed it wasn’t really busy time of day

this is the website http://www.access-n.jp/summer2012/english/  but currently on summer stuff.

But yes you can just wing and book at Saporro Airport. (it a good idea to book the return journey - don’t wanna miss your flight cause you don’t fit ont he bus! But you can do that when you purchase) and i just remembered that its not free i think it is about $10 etc for the day pass. but still a great deal!

hey boardworlders.. first time back here since my japow trip earlier this year and it’s that time again… will have my week in Japan sorted and booked by the end of this week. I loved Hakuba last time so that’s where I’m looking at going again, maybe with a couple of backcountry guided tours this time as well.. I’ll be there from the 26th of Jan to 3rd oF Feb if anyone wants to meet up. Unfortunately for me, all my ‘mates’ pulled out at the last minute so Ill be going on my own this time.