The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The Olympic Games - London 2012

Chucky that is insane!!! I bet he couldn’t wait to sit down at the end!!!

Great to wake up and hear we already have a gold medal!!!

blizzard_22 - 28 July 2012 10:39 PM

Chucky that is insane!!! I bet he couldn’t wait to sit down at the end!!!

He pretty much collapsed - but was swamped with media at the finish line, so it was a while before he could relax. Along with Cadel (this was before he switched to road racing), he went on to represent Australia when MTB first made it into the Olympics.

Looking at some of the swimming results, I’m wondering what the difference would be if the Olympics went back to being purely amateur sport, and the only government assistance allowed was to cover necessary travel expenses for Olympic qualifiers?

This dressage “sport” is bullshit boring.

Some of these sports you never hear about. The Air Rifle competition…where is that done? Looks like they have rifles designed by video game developers.

Do they still have the white water rafting in the olympics?

well not rafting but kayak/canoeing yeah.

could not stand the channel nine lack of coverage, so i just got the foxtel for xbox360 for $50 for the olympic coverage on 8 channels… pretty sweet. been wathcing gymnastics, hockey, b-ball, fencing and handball with a bit of channel flicking through the rest. why oh why can’t the nine network understand it’s only every four years… put it on all the bleedin time!

Yeah having 8 channels is awesome for the olympics!!! Although will have to deal with channel nine during the week at work downer

deanobruce - 29 July 2012 05:49 AM

This dressage “sport” is bullshit boring.

Agreed…. Who is enjoying it? I’m no horse whisperer but it just looks like walking on a horse with an occasional side step.

haha I’ll watch dressage for sure. Always something to learn about how they get their points. Not THE most amazing sport of course but I’ll watch it.
Foxtel is but a dream. Probably a good thing we don’t have it though…I’d never leave the house and not do any study for the entire olympics…

Women’s Beach Volleyball is my new favourite sport :D

^^ Haha, I can see the appeal.

The women’s 4x100m freestyle relay was awesome. So good to see the Aussie girls bring home the gold. What a performance!

The Phelps vs Lotche showdown in the 400 IM was a bit of a disappointment. Looks like Phelps isn’t in form and did I hear right that he pulled out of the 200m freestyle? What other events is he competing in?

Can’t wait for the men’s 100m freestyle. Come on Magnussen!

Does anyone else think all the world records from the swimming speed suit era should be erased? They clearly had a huge advantage over swimmers abiding by the current rules. I’m so stoked every time I see a swimmer break one of the speed suit records. Hopefully one day they will all be broken. I’m really hoping James Magnussen will break the 100m world record which was set in a speed suit.

Disappointing result for the Aussie boys in the 4x100 relay. France came out of nowhere to snatch the gold from the USA.