The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Can people stop using shite dubstep in sk8/snow vids…

captain howdy - 27 July 2012 03:32 AM
CRACKERS - 27 July 2012 03:24 AM

I am probably accidentally guilty of this…..although I dont know what dubstep is hahah. who has a link to some classic dubstep?

As for hip hop…..ive used that as well but it always seems weird putting it to Australian snow edits, gangster stuff is even more ridiculous in my mind.

dubstep is about 140ish bpm. based on reggae, kinda jungle, kinda dub, kinda garage - but using new school production. it came to light in about 2006 ish with wiley, benga, loefah and a few others, then more recently skream and a whole host of others. it’s spawned a whole bunch of sub genres and styles including people like Kito doing her electro/dubstep thing and Pendulums new outfit Knife Party and of course Skrillex who does .... umm…. not sure.

and gangster hip hop…. ugh woeful. if you need any aussie based instrumental hip hop then hit me up.

I mean I have heard the term and know its out there, but I just never bothered to find out what it is. thanks for the run down.

I might actually take you up on the hip hop offer!

please do!

there’s a bunch of crew i know doing really good stuff out this way - all royalty free. lotsa hip hop, glitchy stuff.

captain howdy - 27 July 2012 03:15 AM

What is with this woeful genre of music? over compressed, headache inducing mid range O.C.D. music. Let’s get back to old school hip hop and dinosaur jr. tunes.

**EDIT - that throwaway nauseating end of the dubstep genre

I salute you, sir, for your fine musical taste.  rocker

captain howdy, what do you think of this edit we did? Do you think the music works? I quite liked it. smile

epppppic song

yeah, that was great….  I liked how well it went with the slo-mo bits too

is this dubstep? I love it. for that matter, what song is this?

The TrackID app on my phone tells me that song is called Call your girlfriend (feed me remix) by Robyn and I think the album is also called Call your girlfriend.

I don’t often get to use that app but it is fun sometimes tongue rolleye

yeh on Shazam it came up as Call your girlfriend by robyn

cool. thanks guys. going to get an ipad soon so I’ll be able to shazam stuff. stoked

deanobruce - 28 July 2012 08:33 AM

yeh on Shazam it came up as Call your girlfriend by robyn

its definitely a remix of that song.

that snow is so damm good. Do you reckon they speed up the footage a tad? I’d put money on them having done it in that vid.

CRACKERS - 28 July 2012 11:46 AM

Did I, or did I not post both the name of the song and the name of the remix already?

More metal! \m/ Love the quick cuts and charging footage with a metal edit.

cords - 28 July 2012 12:04 PM
CRACKERS - 28 July 2012 11:46 AM

Did I, or did I not post both the name of the song and the name of the remix already?

Did or did not, Deano then post a post which came across as suggesting it was the original song….there by the answer was still in doubt. Hence I was confirming it. I forgot that your word was absolute. sorry.

always a dangerous mistake, crackers wink