The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Lara Bingle Grinds My Gears GRRR

Can’t believe she got paid to do this. Famous for being famous. Grinds my gears GRRRR

i want to donkey punch her so hard.

Annoys the shit out of me

That was so painful to watch. She is annoying, and that kiwi narrator, fuck that was irritating to listen to his moronic commentry

its reese darby from flight of the concords!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MURRAY…..present!

I like reese, but the way that was done made me want to punch the computer screen LOL

I bet the heli guides were secretly thinking how much they wanted to beat the crap out of her for wasting all that untracked snow!!!

Can’t deal so don’t go near any of it. refuse to watch the vid!

D, Definitely D. Lock in D eddie.

The video wasn’t too bad, would have preferred if I was the one in NZ but overall it wasn’t her worst performance.

Can’t stand her. All I got out of that is it is only a 3 hour flight to NZ. I had no idea LOL

HAHA blizz! Just watch it with the volume off! smile It kinda makes you wanna go heli-skiing more then go to NZ raspberry

yea id grind lara.. oh shiiit, maybe i read that wrong rolleyes

the other day i saw flights to NZ for $99, then after watching this i searched nz heli, last minute special, 6 runs for $400NZD
GODDAMIT MY REPLACEMENT PASSPORT HAZNT ARRIVED!!!  rage

and then i see this on FB

A few relevant points:

- They may use the “last minute special, 6 runs for $400NZD” thing to get you interested, but you’d be REALLY lucky to actually score that rate.

- If a chopper doesn’t book out completely at full price on a bluebird pow day, there’s a valid reason (and it ain’t a good one).

- Unless you book out an entire chopper, you don’t get to choose your group. Your guide will pick terrain according to the abilities of the LEAST capable person in the group.

- Don’t even bother thinking you’re going to score terrain like that pictured above.

chucky - 27 July 2012 09:11 AM

A few relevant points:

- They may use the “last minute special, 6 runs for $400NZD” thing to get you interested, but you’d be REALLY lucky to actually score that rate.

- If a chopper doesn’t book out completely at full price on a bluebird pow day, there’s a valid reason (and it ain’t a good one).

- Unless you book out an entire chopper, you don’t get to choose your group. Your guide will pick terrain according to the abilities of the LEAST capable person in the group.

- Don’t even bother thinking you’re going to score terrain like that pictured above.

all very valid points, ive almost always rode by myself (not that im anti social, just havent had anyone to ride with) or with complete randoms, and for the last one yes i know that haha, thats not even in nz, it was just an awesome photo

nether the less, i have never been in a helicopter, and its heli boarding, it would be like a 5 yr old having xmas, easter, and 2 birthdays at once for me LOL

DylanV - 27 July 2012 09:22 AM

nether the less, i have never been in a helicopter, and its heli boarding, it would be like a 5 yr old having xmas, easter, and 2 birthdays at once for me LOL

THIS ^^^

We heliboarded with HeliPark in NZ in 2010. My fiance asked me to marry him that day, up the top before our last run and to be totally honest, it was the least exciting thing that happened that day (not that it wasn’t really nice and I was super stoked, it was just that we’d talked about it a lot and not that I knew he was gonna ask me then - but it wasn’t the biggest surprise)...it just so happened that the same day, we came way too close for comfort to being caught in an avalanche AND I got my first ever helicopter ride (through the NZ alps, no less - pretty ace place to fly around) and it was SO AWESOME rocker

On the way home, after feeling super shaken up about the avi thing, I got to sit in the front seat (so just glass all around me) and the pilot went straight up and then down into a corkscrew style descent and I was laughing like a maniac! When we went back to flying normally, I turned to the pilot in my ever-so-dorky manner and said “You are the BEST person I’ve EVER MET!” ahahahahaha

anyway, it was a pretty spectacular day all up. The avi thing has made me kinda hesitant to heli-board again, plus the snow was a bit avo but worth doing once!

captain howdy - 27 July 2012 04:22 AM

hahaha LOL  me too smirk