The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Can people stop using shite dubstep in sk8/snow vids…

What is with this woeful genre of music? over compressed, headache inducing mid range O.C.D. music. Let’s get back to old school hip hop and dinosaur jr. tunes.

**EDIT - that throwaway nauseating end of the dubstep genre

No thanks grandpa, we will keep it smirk

meh, im kind of in that state of mind with hip hop on vids. Punk and metal hypes me up heaps more

I am probably accidentally guilty of this…..although I dont know what dubstep is hahah. who has a link to some classic dubstep?

As for hip hop…..ive used that as well but it always seems weird putting it to Australian snow edits, gangster stuff is even more ridiculous in my mind.

hey i got love for all sorts of music - but over produced dubstep/electro just shits me to tears.

When I read the title of this thread, my first reaction was “HUH? You mean there’s actually such a thing as ‘good’ dubstep???”

CRACKERS - 27 July 2012 03:24 AM

I am probably accidentally guilty of this…..although I dont know what dubstep is hahah. who has a link to some classic dubstep?

As for hip hop…..ive used that as well but it always seems weird putting it to Australian snow edits, gangster stuff is even more ridiculous in my mind.

dubstep is about 140ish bpm. based on reggae, kinda jungle, kinda dub, kinda garage - but using new school production. it came to light in about 2006 ish with wiley, benga, loefah and a few others, then more recently skream and a whole host of others. it’s spawned a whole bunch of sub genres and styles including people like Kito doing her electro/dubstep thing and Pendulums new outfit Knife Party and of course Skrillex who does .... umm…. not sure.

and gangster hip hop…. ugh woeful. if you need any aussie based instrumental hip hop then hit me up.

chucky - 27 July 2012 03:31 AM

When I read the title of this thread, my first reaction was “HUH? You mean there’s actually such a thing as ‘good’ dubstep???”

like everything - yes there is. there is probably good country and western out there somewhere….

deanobruce - 27 July 2012 03:20 AM

a grandpa at 35??

downer  *sniffles*

HAHA just playing mate.

I agree that there is a hell of a lot of terrible dubstep out there. But there is also a lot of good stuff.

captain howdy - 27 July 2012 03:37 AM
deanobruce - 27 July 2012 03:20 AM

a grandpa at 35??

downer  *sniffles*

HELLS YEAH, im a grandpa next year then! Time to get my dirty old man on!

i cant wait to be a filthy old man

hahaha yes crackers. When you told me it was a new song from The Knife and then I heard it, I was pretty sure you meant Knife Party but you didn’t know who they were. hahaaha. Knife Party actually has at least one dude from Pendulum in it?

I don’t mind some dubstep, but it couldn’t ever come close to being all I listen to.

Opening track in Art of Flight makes me so amped!

deanobruce - 27 July 2012 03:44 AM

HAHA just playing mate.

I agree that there is a hell of a lot of terrible dubstep out there. But there is also a lot of good stuff.

raspberry

hey i understand - younger gen of crew coming through don’t wanna hear old stuff - it just grates me because i am old and opinionated

rocker

cords - 27 July 2012 03:50 AM

hahaha yes crackers. When you told me it was a new song from The Knife and then I heard it, I was pretty sure you meant Knife Party but didn’t know who they were. hahaaha. Knife Party actually has at least one dude from Pendulum in it?

knife party are rob and gareth from pendulum.

pendulum the live act are all over. pendulum will still do another album - when - they don’t know, but it will happen. meanwhile the 3rd member paul is still djing all over the shop under the pendulum name.

deanobruce - 27 July 2012 03:47 AM

i cant wait to be a filthy old man

It’s overrated.