The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Stack hats - what’s your view?

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 26 July 2012 05:04 AM

But still it can happen any time. Sometimes its not your fault. A rogue beginner out of control could hit you

This!

The first day I learnt to board I didn’t have one, now I have been wearing one since. In fact, I feel lost without it!!!

Just bought one, nothing fancy just the cheapest Smith helmet out there probably.  I feel more confident/safe in it so i don’t wimp out plus i went during school hols and i was scared of kids barrelling into me. it’s comfy and warm too.

The only thing i hate is that unlike a beanie i can’t shove it in a pocket if i go inside and the ear bits drown out noise so i can’t hear what people are saying to me.

I just clip my helmet to my board and leave it with it. Prob wont with my new one though. I’ll just bringing it in and leave it where ever I leave my goggles

bogmow - 26 July 2012 05:43 AM

Just bought one, nothing fancy just the cheapest Smith helmet out there probably.  I feel more confident/safe in it so i don’t wimp out plus i went during school hols and i was scared of kids barrelling into me. it’s comfy and warm too.

The only thing i hate is that unlike a beanie i can’t shove it in a pocket if i go inside and the ear bits drown out noise so i can’t hear what people are saying to me.

Can you take the ear bits out?

i like my ear bits, keep my ears well warm

I decided to get I one this season and I believe it has already saved me from a broken nose. I wouldnt think of riding without one now!

deanobruce - 26 July 2012 06:26 AM

i like my ear bits, keep my ears well warm

Me too!

I don’t even take em out on warm days!

JazzaW - 26 July 2012 06:43 AM

I decided to get I one this season and I believe it has already saved me from a broken nose. I wouldnt think of riding without one now!

You’re wearing it backwards!  LOL  LOL

Warren Chapstick uses his nose to avoid his helmet copping any impacts LOL

mum always made us wear one when we were little and to prevent ourselves looking like bubble heads we got sandbox helmets and covered it in stickers smile and you can put the GO PRO on it

Yeah actually I wonder how many people got a helmet just for the GoPro aspect! LOL

Why would you not wear one? I don’t get it….

A brain injury will really mess up your day… and every day for the rest of your life!!!

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 26 July 2012 07:06 AM

Warren Chapstick uses his nose to avoid his helmet copping any impacts LOL

LOL

antisense - 26 July 2012 09:46 AM

Why would you not wear one? I don’t get it….

A brain injury will really mess up your day… and every day for the rest of your life!!!

Well said antisense!