The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

NEW ZEALAND 2012

It’s all about staying in Methven then hitting Mt Hutt and then Temple Basin, Porters, Cheeseman and Craigeburn.

rocker

Capt’n

I think you need to contribute to this thread - https://www.boardworld.com.au/forums/viewthread/4804/ at the end it turned into people actually listing the resorts they have been too!

my memory is hazy at best raspberry

bracer - 19 July 2012 04:11 AM

Whats with the lack of NZ snow?? I’m over there in 2 weeks ... hoping it storms before then   shred

Im holding my breath too!!! heading over on the 2nd! if theres no snow, there certainly wont be much beer left in town by the time I leave!

Been riding at Coronet for my L3 workshop. The snow coverage is bare but there are lots of fun little hits around. Snow’s been relatively firm all day but some slush on the lower and beginner runs which is fun. TC finally opened the summit the other day, but I haven’t been up there since Sunday, so unsure on how the snow’s holding up there.

SamNZ - 19 July 2012 09:32 AM

Been riding at Coronet for my L3 workshop. The snow coverage is bare but there are lots of fun little hits around. Snow’s been relatively firm all day but some slush on the lower and beginner runs which is fun. TC finally opened the summit the other day, but I haven’t been up there since Sunday, so unsure on how the snow’s holding up there.

Got 2 weeks till im there, Hopefully it pukes down in that time in QT!!

Cardrona has been holding up pretty well. decent snowmaking cover on hardpack. Very sunny today

heading to queenstown on friday… cmon snow !!!!!!

Yeah!! I’m heading to Christchurch on Tuesday and doing some resort hopping down to Queenstown for a week !!! How does that snow dance go????  dance  rage

So there is going to be like 4 of us in Queenstown at the start of August?

Meetup?

I’ve got a free day on the 5th Aug .... was thinking about heading to SnowPark if anyones interested? Coronet Peak on the 6th

We are going Coronet on the 2nd, TC on the 3rd, Snowpark on the 5th, Cardy on the 6th and Remarks on the 7th. (though 5th and 6th might be swapped, not 100%)

bracer - 24 July 2012 12:14 PM

was thinking about heading to SnowPark if anyones interested?

I’m super interested!!!! I just won’t be in NZ at the time :-( or any time this year :-( hahaha been the last 2 years and it feels wrong knowing I’m not going this year!

Damn shame cords!! Feel for you.

I’ll be at Treble Cone on the 3rd, Cardy’s on the 4th, 5th spare (would like to get up to Snowpark on that day), Coronet Peak on the 6th, Remarks on the 7th

treble cone is boring & often very crowded (only 2 lifts so everyone in the whole resort riding those two) if there is no fresh snow.