The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Win a Morning Boarding with Torah!

blizzard_22 - 24 July 2012 12:42 AM
ozgirl - 24 July 2012 12:20 AM

Well i will be v disappointed if any boarldworldians don’t know the answer to the question!

And Blizz you are def intermediate!

Anyone who can get down from mid station at the quad is inter IMO! (I can’t!)

I can easily turn, control speed, get on and off lifts etc but I don’t ride blue runs. Im scared of steep runs and am not confident to go fast!

You need a lesson ASAP!!

Hell I can do a Blue run!!

drc13 - 23 July 2012 12:49 PM

I might save my luck for the “Win a night with Torah” competition…....... but then again she’s married and terribly religious so I could be waiting a while!

Hehe. I had NO idea whatsoever about the whole devout mormon thing when I first met Torah!!! We were chatting for a while during/after I was photographing her for an Inside Sport magazine interview years ago, and then I had a brief chat with her mother. That was back when Inside Sport magazine always had either models, celebrities or hot sportswomen (always in bikinis) on the cover - and I thought I was being complimentary when I said that it’d be great to have her on the cover sometime. She gave me this WTF kind of look, so I instantly added “Oh, when she’s old enough, of course!”. She gave me a really full on “if looks could kill” stare and tersely said “She will NEVER be old enough!!!”. End of conversation.  red face

chucky - 24 July 2012 01:41 AM

I might save my luck for the “Win a night with Torah” competition…....... but then again she’s married and terribly religious so I could be waiting a while!

Hehe. I had NO idea whatsoever about the whole devout mormon thing when I first met Torah!!! We were chatting for a while during/after I was photographing her for an Inside Sport magazine interview years ago, and then I had a brief chat with her mother. That was back when Inside Sport magazine always had either models, celebrities or hot sportswomen (always in bikinis) on the cover - and I thought I was being complimentary when I said that it’d be great to have her on the cover sometime. She gave me this WTF kind of look, so I instantly added “Oh, when she’s old enough, of course!”. She gave me a really full on “if looks could kill” stare and tersely said “She will NEVER be old enough!!!”. End of conversation.  red face

Haha good story, maybe it’s whatever god she believes in joke on us men. Create a cute skilled female snowboarder then keep her out of arms reach!

I hear that Torah’s older sister, Rowena, is as devout as her, but the other siblings (Ben and Abi) - not so much.

drc13 - 24 July 2012 01:56 AM

Haha good story, maybe it’s whatever god she believes in joke on us men. Create a cute skilled female snowboarder then keep her out of arms reach!

Not knowing anything about Mormons i just wikipedia them, i think we could still be in with a chance DRC as many mormons apparently practice open plural marriages a form of religous polygamy

Sukah - 24 July 2012 03:46 AM

Not knowing anything about Mormons i just wikipedia them, i think we could still be in with a chance DRC as many mormons apparently practice open plural marriages a form of religous polygamy

Well if it’s on Wikipedia it must be true!

In which case….. SHOTGUN 1st!!!

Sex before marriage is a big no-no with mormon girls - however, as long as they don’t ‘go all the way’, they can still have a bit of fun. When I was in Salt Lake, I noticed that an inordinate amount of hot mormon girls had pierced tongues.

chucky - 24 July 2012 03:58 AM

Sex before marriage is a big no-no with mormon girls - however, as long as they don’t ‘go all the way’, they can still have a bit of fun. When I was in Salt Lake, I noticed that an inordinate amount of hot mormon girls had pierced tongues.

gulp

Well i will be v disappointed if any boarldworldians don’t know the answer to the question!

I can easily turn, control speed, get on and off lifts etc but I don’t ride blue runs. Im scared of steep runs and am not confident to go fast!

This is just a confidence thing. I used to be this way for ages. You’ll gain the confidence eventually until then keep on enjoying your riding, which I’m sure you are.  grin

Burning down summit at Hotham on a lovely sunny spring afternoon is still my favourite place to ride.

Sukah - 24 July 2012 03:46 AM

what do you call polygamy?.......one wife to0 many

what do you call monogamy?....the same thing.

jokes!

LOL  LOL  LOL

Tobi - 24 July 2012 04:03 AM

You’ll gain the confidence eventually until then keep on enjoying your riding, which I’m sure you are.  grin

This exactly smile

Yep but you should do lessons Blizz!

I was exactly the same as you (except even from Mid station scared me!) then Rider really helped me down Merrits at Thredbo and I got a LOT of confidence. The Shred crew also helped greatly!

For what it’s worth I have found my worst injuries have been at slow or cruising speeds. Granted I haven’t had a massive crash at speed yet but when I do come off it tends to be more of a slide than a thud, I suspect a lot of this would have to do with the angle of the slope.

I will do a lesson again, but I would want it to be private. And they are exxy gulp