The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Win a Morning Boarding with Torah!

pretty self explanatory really -

http://www.perisher.com.au/torah

entered! haha

entered, thanks for sharing Crackers. Although I doubt I would win cause I ain’t Intermediate at all downer

Just entered too - but no where near intermediate red face but can only try. Blizzard_22 - if you win, no way Torah would say, you’re not good enough to ride with me? i reckon shes just too nice!

I would reckon that would be the case, but I think Perisher would probably filter out people who aren’t at that level… unfortunately…

They should encourage everyone to enter, imagine getting a lesson with Torah Bright!!! I reckon I would be intermediate by the end of the day!!!

isnt intermediate classified as you can do a blue run? lol

nyteskye - 23 July 2012 12:43 PM

Yeah… what’s funny about that? Not everyone is at that level yet red face

I might save my luck for the “Win a night with Torah” competition…....... but then again she’s married and terribly religious so I could be waiting a while!

blizzard_22 - 23 July 2012 12:46 PM
nyteskye - 23 July 2012 12:43 PM

Yeah… what’s funny about that? Not everyone is at that level yet red face

nothing.. im not really laughing .. just something i type alot haha.. sorry.. didnt mean to offend c[=

so how do you classify an intermediate rider? just curious

no problemo…..

I doubt she will ride the park or anything during those 4hrs anyway. so it shouldn’t matter that much, as long as you can get up and down lifts I reckon. Its not like they were very specific about what intermediate means…..my friend just said hey im intermediate ( he throws double corked 7s) and i fell of my chair laughing…...cause I thought I was intermediate and throw corks from wine bottles only (thats a dad joke for sure, im not going to self edit though).

I don’t think I can enter seeing that im injured, maybe I can and if i win say oh i got injured can someone take my place?

AJAY5 - 23 July 2012 12:53 PM

so how do you classify an intermediate rider? just curious

You’re intermediate for sure, ash!

According to the perisher site;

Level 1

Your first time in the snow and you are wondering where to start?

FIRST TIME SKI

For the guest who has never skied before. You will learn how to put on your skis, walk, glide and balance on skis and make a snowplough.

FIRST TIME SNOWBOARD

For the guest who has never snowboarded before. You will learn how to put on your equipment, climb, balance and stop on one edge and slide across the hill.

We recommend that you try our My First Turns product or as an alternative check out Beginner Lift & Lessons.

For an exclusive experience, check our range of private lesson products.

————————————————————————————————————————

Beginner

Level 2 to 3

SKI

You are beyond your first day, can change direction and stop or can link turns and feel good on easy beginner terrain.  You will learn how to polish your turns and gain confidence on various terrain.

SNOWBOARD

You are beyond your first day, can balance on one edge and move side to side across the hill and ride beginner lifts.  You will learn how to turn on heel and toe edge confidently and explore more of the mountain.

We recommend that you try our Beginner Lift & Lessons or build your own flexible package with our great lesson add-on offers.

For an exclusive experience, check our range of private lesson products private lesson products.

Intermediate

Level 4 to 5

SKI

You are comfortable on green and easy blue runs, your turns are becoming more rhythmical and you know how to change turn size and shape. You will take your skills to the next level, advance your parallel turns, carve the groomers and be introduced to small moguls and ungroomed terrain.

SNOWBOARD

You confidently turn on both heel and toe edges and ride easy blue runs and use chairlifts. You will develop speed control by changing turn shape and size, carve and ride switch and be introduced to natural features.

We recommend that you build your own flexible package with our great lesson add-on offers.

For an exclusive experience, check our range of private lesson products.

Advanced

Level 6+

SKI

As a snow pro you are confident on all groomed terrain and have explored some moguls or ungroomed conditions. You will explore new terrain and develop skills for all mountain skiing, master the bumps and some of the many great terrain features Perisher has to offer.

SNOWBOARD

You confidently carve short and long turns, ride blue and blacks and know how to adapt to all snow conditions. You will master Perisher’s terrain parks, halfpipe and experience bigger hits and ride steep and deep.

We recommend that you build your own flexible package with our great lesson add-on offers, for an exclusive experience, check our range of private lesson products.

Well i will be v disappointed if any boarldworldians don’t know the answer to the question!

And Blizz you are def intermediate!

Anyone who can get down from mid station at the quad is inter IMO! (I can’t!)

drc13 - 23 July 2012 12:49 PM

I might save my luck for the “Win a night with Torah” competition…....... but then again she’s married and terribly religious so I could be waiting a while!

This is a good idea for a comp!

ozgirl - 24 July 2012 12:20 AM

Well i will be v disappointed if any boarldworldians don’t know the answer to the question!

And Blizz you are def intermediate!

Anyone who can get down from mid station at the quad is inter IMO! (I can’t!)

I can easily turn, control speed, get on and off lifts etc but I don’t ride blue runs. Im scared of steep runs and am not confident to go fast!