The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Is it friggen cold this mornin?????

Or is it just me?????

Not in my bed! Arrrgh, I can’t get up

Quite mild on the south side of Hotham, looking at 16 degrees today, quite tropical for a change shaka

Got up tp go for a walk at 5am this morning as I have most mornings and almost went straight back to bed after opening the front door, freezing.  Heard it was 6 degrees in the city this morning!

My car was showing 8deg when I left for work this morning. TBH it felt a little warmer.

I’ve been entertaining the idea of getting up an hour early in the mornings to go for a run, but I just can’t do it. Every time the alarm goes off I turn it off and go back to sleep. The cold doesn’t help.

It’s freezing! -1.2 this morning at my place!

Tills - 19 July 2012 09:48 PM

My car was showing 8deg when I left for work this morning. TBH it felt a little warmer.

I’ve been entertaining the idea of getting up an hour early in the mornings to go for a run, but I just can’t do it. Every time the alarm goes off I turn it off and go back to sleep. The cold doesn’t help.

I would much prefer to go for a run, get warmer quicker but not really supposed to do that with my back right now.  A little embarassing, every morning this blonde girl runs past me and I’m just walking like some unfit retiree.

Its about 20 up here in north qld!! dammit!! Would love to be feeling the cold to give me some hope of snow around somewhere!! hehe

freezing when i jumped in this car this morning (tempe) it read 5deg.

nthnbeachesguy - 19 July 2012 09:56 PM
Tills - 19 July 2012 09:48 PM

I would much prefer to go for a run, get warmer quicker but not really supposed to do that with my back right now.  A little embarassing, every morning this blonde girl runs past me and I’m just walking like some unfit retiree.

Can you do more intense, but lower impact work like bike, or cross-trainer or something? I know some blokes think jumping on a cross-trainer is a bit namby pamby, but at least you’d be able to get the heart going.

haha Nthn,

No dog even?

I didn’t notice this cold today. Had my little poil heater that takes the chill off my room, had a shower and ran out the door and drove to work!

Stoked I did cause i don’t have a winter coat anymore and I have been freezing my arse off most mornings!

yep cold this morning it is

I am freezing even though it’s only a max of 17 degrees in my area. Starting the day off with some sport so I’ll be warm soon.

Went for a surf at 7am. Warmer in water than out. Surf club has piping hot showers to thaw out afterwards….YES!!!!!

yep its freezing. Was 6 degrees INSIDE our house the other morning, pretty sure it was the same or close to this morning…STUPID cheap-ass australian houses with no insulation & stupid, stupid designs! There is no point even putting on a heater in the living area of our house in the evenings, all the warm air just escapes…so we sit there in thermals and jumpers and beanies.

Can’t wait to get to winter in sweden, with properly built houses where it can be -20 out and a stays a perfect 20 inside, with almost no heating effort. BRING IT ON!

EDIT: Sorry for the whinge/rant…was just freezing in my own house at 10.30am!!

Thankfully our house is pretty awesome in terms of temperature. We have that blow-in insulation, which while being very annoying if you’re crawling around in the roof, seems to do a pretty good job.

I really have to get a programmable controller for our ducted heating though. I hate getting up to switch it on, before running back to bed again.  LOL