The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Is it normal??

Is it normal that i start getting withdrawal symptoms when i havent snowboarded in just over a week?  sick
how does one control or fix the urge when one isnt going to get to the snow for another week and a half, making the total gap 3 weeks?
what does one do when the season reaches end? go back to window licking??  drool ??
we have serious issues people, i just realised its 2.24am thursday morning…. maybe not so serious, am i ranting? should i stop? i might go sit in the naughty corner now :burn:

Have you tried masturbation as a means of passing time? raspberry

finney - 18 July 2012 04:46 PM

Have you tried masturbation as a means of passing time? raspberry

hrm it doesn’t really work i have tried it with my left and and right hand but still doesn’t help.

man i have not been on the snow since feb this year i am loosing it….

you guys are crazy hahah

On a serious note though when I’ve had to take a 6 month break from riding due to injuries I’ve passed time by staying in shape and working on a lot of strengthening exercises for my legs and core. Has always paid off as I’m able to ride harder for longer periods of time.

Get yourself a skateboard, long or short and go for a roll shaka

And listen to Finney, the dude is like Yoda and knows about stuff smile

My injury hasn’t really allowed me to do that up till now unfortunately.  Normally I would just surf, that isn’t an option either so I have spent my time, way too much time actually, researching new ways to waste my money.  Over the last few weeks I have looked at and test driven a Jeep Grand Cherokee, Wrangler Unlimited, Mitsubishi Challenger, Triton, Holden Colorado, Isuzu Dmax, Ford Ranger before deciding that the I would be better off sticking with my current vehicle for the next 12 months.

I went through a stage of going to buy a DSLR, visited about 5 camera shops looking at Sony’s, Canon and Nikon.  Looked into a new personal use laptop for about a week, got my specs all sorted and then decided against it.  Looked into a new TV, was trying to decide between 60 and 65”, decided that as I don’t currently have my own place that would be a total waste of money considering I already have a 50” sitting at my parents not doing much.  Thought about buying a Go Pro or Contour for a while.

how about you make yourself a solid plan for doing a season? best fun ever and a pretty exciting way to pass the time in the mean time.

Dylan

Have you checked out snowboard addiction videos I think they have exercises and few other things you can do while you are not on the snow.

SDS
No cure
(except sliding)

lanox - 18 July 2012 10:19 PM

Dylan

Have you checked out snowboard addiction videos I think they have exercises and few other things you can do while you are not on the snow.

They are freaking awesome.

cords - 18 July 2012 10:01 PM

how about you make yourself a solid plan for doing a season? best fun ever and a pretty exciting way to pass the time in the mean time.

Don’t encourage him! He is not doing a season till he finishes his apprenticeship.

He is part of the family now and will get a whipping from more than just me if he ups and goes!

Funny thread though!!

And yeah SDS is a shocker!

I am coping well at the moment - way too busy between slides to stress too much about. Last week was a hard one to get through though. I am down there for the next 3 weekends though so pretty stoked about that!

Dylan come play Gridiron we need more players lol shaka

Dylan reminds me a little of Saracen

Skateboarding has definately made time inbetween sliding so much more easier. Though now when im not sliding, and its raining at home, i am so upset when I cant go skating. Its almost a double lose sometimes LOL