The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Fastest you’ve been on a snowboard?

finney - 18 July 2012 12:31 AM

According to the whistler blackcomb app Marc, Jeremy and myself all clocked high 90’s in the ‘Family Zone’ which is green hahahaha

That’s interesting - is it like the perisher app and tied in with your lift ticket mileage? They then have the technology and ability to cancel your pass (don’t shoot the messenger - juts thinking out loud)

shit 110kmph!

that’s quick. i’d like to do a proper speed test with proper equipment some day, also with a clear run where you didn’t have the thought of cleaning some poor fucker up in the back of your mind.

Yeh. But like the others have said, and I meant to say in my post, is that I doubt it is that accurate. But I know it was deathly fast. I was really hanging on for dear life and with all my strength n concentration to do what ever speed I was. And Im not saying 110 was an average. It was just the peak of one part, so might have been going over the steepest bit of the run I accelerated up to that speed before slowing down as the incline changed

i was going so fast my face was like

yeah man - understood.

my buddy who hit 98ish was on a gnu reverse camber board which baffles me - because on my old t.rice power banana thingo - i just couldn’t keep it stable at speed. but he just tore it up.

if i was riding my 162 malolo i would have broken 100 no drama.

on another note - camber fo life!

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 17 July 2012 03:00 PM
mattyp - 17 July 2012 02:52 PM
K2_SnatchCrewSader - 17 July 2012 02:20 PM

Ive been on the tray of a ute standing up goin round 100ks n I’d say I was at least near 100

Attached to a snowboard?  If not, it dont count for shit.

HAHA That would be a sight to see!

I’ve clocked 120 on a single track on my trail bike!!!!!

Scary as shit!!!!! But fun!!!!!

My fastest on the motorbike is about 150.

The difference between 100-110 is huge, the difference between 110 and 150 is bugger all… lol

when freddy and i were on Lombok in Indo last year, we had hired mopeds (as you do) and were staying in Kuta on Lombok…there’s no ATM there and we had to ride back to the main town…they’ve just built a brand new airport over there and a two lane, dual carriageway highway…the locals still only use one side of the road, leaving this brand new, straight, smooth tarmac untouched on the other side…we couldn’t help it and on the way home opened our bikes up…I got to 100 and then got scared and slowed down pretty quickly. Freddy got to 110 and then got scared and slowed down. It was bloody fun but in hindsight its was SO freakin’ stupid!

No helmet and wearing only singlet and boardies and sneakers, while riding what could easily have been the dodgiest bike known to mankind….if I had a kid that did that I would go bananas at them, probably. haha Lucky I lived and was able to learn!

p.s. that trip to bali/lombok was my first ever go riding any kind of motorbike, so it wasn’t even like I was even any kind of experienced rider. So stupid!

TJswish - 18 July 2012 02:35 AM

The difference between 100-110 is huge, the difference between 110 and 150 is bugger all… lol

I have hit 140 on a bike…scariest thing i have ever done BAR NOTHING! Only cause my bike riding skills were pretty shocking back then! Hell even know id prob still shit myself!

A mate has a R1 and he has shown me dash cam footage of his late night high speed runs back in the day…that shit cray.

Single track example!!!!!

ozgirl - 17 July 2012 11:48 PM
LowGuido - 17 July 2012 10:44 PM

some mates and I were doing speed trials down zalis and we were clocking about 77km/h down that last section before the lift.
surface wasnt great and there was lots of people around. 80’s is totally possible.

Lalalala I’m not listening…....

Haha I did think twice before posting about my zalis run smile

It does feel like a bit of a tease sticking a slow sign right at the end of the fun bit!

Yea thats way more scary than a highway / freeway lol.

finney - 18 July 2012 12:31 AM

According to the whistler blackcomb app Marc, Jeremy and myself all clocked high 90’s in the ‘Family Zone’ which is green hahahaha

Haha fun times. First run of the day too.

deanobruce - 18 July 2012 02:47 AM

I have hit 140 on a bike…scariest thing i have ever done BAR NOTHING! Only cause my bike riding skills were pretty shocking back then! Hell even know id prob still shit myself!

A mate has a R1 and he has shown me dash cam footage of his late night high speed runs back in the day…that shit cray.

The annoying thing about powerful road bikes, is at just a twitch of the wrist, you can go from 100k’s to 140-150 with no drama’s..

Fastest iv ever been on a bike is 160, i was the rear passenger, going down a hill on a CBR600 or something.
Felt like we where just cruising to be honest, wasnt really paying attention of the speed we where doing untill I looked down at the speedo….

mattyp - 18 July 2012 01:29 PM
deanobruce - 18 July 2012 02:47 AM

The annoying thing about powerful road bikes, is at just a twitch of the wrist, you can go from 100k’s to 140-150 with no drama’s..

Fastest iv ever been on a bike is 160, i was the rear passenger, going down a hill on a CBR600 or something.
Felt like we where just cruising to be honest, wasnt really paying attention of the speed we where doing untill I looked down at the speedo….

Yep, my bike is a CBR600 and I can confirm that you move the throttle 5mm and you’re up 50km/h lol.