The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Oi Mate! - Episode 1: Early Season - Sneak Peek on TWS

Hey guys,

I promised myself I wasn’t going to post this anywhere until we launch the episode on Boardworld through our Vimeo page.

BUT, we have been working very closely with Transworld Snowboarding and decided to feature the series on Transworld. We love Transworld, and being the number 1 snowboard website on the planet, we couldn’t pass up this opportunity for them to support the series. How this works is they feature the episode on their player and they get exclusivity for a couple of days. We will be launching the episode tomorrow afternoon.

So I will ask you to keep this quiet until then. I will also ask you to please watch the episode again on our Vimeo player tomorrow so we can also receive hits for your viewing. Please also help us share it around through Facebook and everything else. Like, comment, share - anything you can do to get it out there is much appreciated. Please do this tomorrow when we officially launch our version.

OK, here it is. Check it out and let me know your thoughts.

http://snowboarding.transworld.net/1000180723/videos/oi-mate-episode-1-early-season/

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So good! Love the intro. Love the Australiana about the whole clip. Music, filiming, editing and riding were tops.
I loved that the skating was added in too shaka cant wait to see more.

oh, and will be sharing, liking commenting all over the shop tomorrow when its launched rocker

hells yeh! i dig it

love it!! my only criticism is the wording of this “Oi Mate! follows a crew of smooth and stylish riders as they live and breathe the Australian snow season”
For some reason its sounds as if someone who doesnt board has written it, other wise….

sweeet! look forward to liking and sharing tomorrow, especially to some of my overseas friends!

trentradpants - 18 July 2012 01:05 AM

love it!! my only criticism is the wording of this “Oi Mate! follows a crew of smooth and stylish riders as they live and breathe the Australian snow season”
For some reason its sounds as if someone who doesnt board has written it, other wise….

Now that i think about it yeh, it does sound…weird.

I think just sayin they have super smooth style is a better way of putting it

Wording will be different on our end. Thanks for the support guys. I’m stoked you like it. The next episodes will have more bangers. It was tough filming during the start of the season.

Yeh. How is the van going? getting wrapped soon? Looking forward to seeing more Falls footage and seeing the guys up there.

So stoked on this! grin

That is so RAD!. Boardworld has come a long way mate. You must be proud and your obviously stoked as!

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 18 July 2012 01:45 AM

Yeh. How is the van going? getting wrapped soon? Looking forward to seeing more Falls footage and seeing the guys up there.

It’s running well, has a few stickers on it. We are holding off on the full wrap for now (it’s really expensive). We are going to do some big black die-cuts for it for now.

Yeh that will look sick anyway.

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 18 July 2012 01:47 AM

That is so RAD!. Boardworld has come a long way mate. You must be proud and your obviously stoked as!

I’m stoked with what we’ve achieved so far, but there is still a long way for Boardworld to go. The next big step is getting the new website up, which we are working very hard on. We want to keep improving and developing the site for our loyal members. We want your experience on Boardworld be everything you want it to be. We are working on interactive member profiles, so you can organise events, post photos etc. Stay tuned!

Cheering. Why don’t you look into one of Trent’s big gloss stickers for the van? They didn’t seem too bad for the price?

Or get your own spray gun and make a stencil for the BW logo and go nuts.

Though I wouldn’t trust myself spraying a car lol.