The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Fastest you’ve been on a snowboard?

In Japan the gps app on my phone clocked me around 110 from memory. Mega groomers there. think it was Tsugiaki? Absoloutly fanging trying to keep up with my skier mate who just bombs down, no turns. I was on a 153 park noodle too. would have loved to been on a bigger stiffer board

I am usually watching people ride past me so not very fast at all! ^^^ around 110 would be crazy, that is some serious bombing!

I’m sure that wasn’t totally accurate. But I knew if I had of slipped out at any point I was done for. If it wasn’t for the perfect conditions of snow and grooming I couldn’t have pushed soo much

Once you feel the pressure of going 110 you will realise that the app is off and you were probably pushing 80-90 lol

Ive been on the tray of a ute standing up goin round 100ks n I’d say I was at least near 100

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 17 July 2012 02:20 PM

Ive been on the tray of a ute standing up goin round 100ks n I’d say I was at least near 100

Attached to a snowboard?  If not, it dont count for shit.

Fastest im going to recall is.

Fresh rails and fresh wax.
Very first runs down Village to bottom Heavenly lift at Hotham

Straight line as much as possible. ( Other then obvious corners )
(Forgotten run name, but you will know it, the final straght run down to bottom of Heavenly Lift)
Literally barely hit a rail from the top to the bottom, no one infront, mate behind me.
Squatting like no one’s business. Was well and truely poor visibility, so really are unsure of how fast I was travelling.
But the weather was pretty good, no wind, maybe slight from some direction..
But can tell you now, If I came off, I was gone for sure.
Was at the bottom in what felt like less then 30seconds.

Was riding a 152, i weigh about 70kgs.. Someone can do some rough math.

mattyp - 17 July 2012 02:52 PM
K2_SnatchCrewSader - 17 July 2012 02:20 PM

Attached to a snowboard?  If not, it dont count for shit.

HAHA That would be a sight to see!

some mates and I were doing speed trials down zalis and we were clocking about 77km/h down that last section before the lift.
surface wasnt great and there was lots of people around. 80’s is totally possible.

Oooooh so gotta download this app…Zooooom zoom
Will test it out next time I go!

Mizu Kuma - 17 July 2012 10:43 AM
Azz - 17 July 2012 10:40 AM
Mudhoney - 17 July 2012 10:19 AM
Azz - 17 July 2012 09:53 AM

You can get a cool app called Ski Tracks, will tell you your max speed for the day.

For those that know Hotham, 60 kph is no problems on the Big D, waiting for a time with not some many folk out to point and see what we can get to.

You must give all the three year-olds in the lift queue a massive spray at the bottom when you pull up!

I use the three year olds as speed humps LOL

They tend to make a ‘squeekin” noise when ya do!!!!!

haha when I was at Hotham a couple of weeks ago, I was coming in for a stop at the lift line, sliding slowly backwards while unclipping, and realised I was bulldozing some little kid who had shot in behind me.  he was cool about it, just being pushed sideways, not saying anything but looking at me with a puzzled expression.

LowGuido - 17 July 2012 10:44 PM

some mates and I were doing speed trials down zalis and we were clocking about 77km/h down that last section before the lift.
surface wasnt great and there was lots of people around. 80’s is totally possible.

Lalalala I’m not listening…....

TJswish - 17 July 2012 02:16 PM

Once you feel the pressure of going 110 you will realise that the app is off and you were probably pushing 80-90 lol

Short of riding along side him, im sure you have no idea what speed he was doing…

A mate has that Oneill gps jacket thingy(cost something stupid like $600) he had that clock hi at 96km/h, and 2 gps aps on phones clocked him between 95-98km/h last season.

Just saying, everything I’ve heard about that app is that it over-estimates by 10-20%.

According to the whistler blackcomb app Marc, Jeremy and myself all clocked high 90’s in the ‘Family Zone’ which is green hahahaha

Must be a steep green! haha