The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What aggravates you in lift lines?

Its not though.

Its a cat track.

This is it

But not named- we call it PVG (Pleasant Valley to Guthega)

Its the two squigly lines from mid way on the Blue Cow home Trail down to the Creek traverse.

Ahh cool. Why won’t you do it on a board then? Just struggle to keep up? or the whole keeping speed?

Not confident enough to hold an edge that whole way!

Cat tracks are narrow!!

Narrow greens are my favourite part of the mountain sometimes… Just cruise the whole way smile

now its only happened to me once, and i couldnt be bothered reading the whole thread to see if its already been covered
but once these little S#@TS were throwing snowballs in the line and kept hitting random people

ozgirl - 16 July 2012 11:18 PM

The trail from the top of Pleasent Valley to Guthega is soooo much better. Hardly anyone knows about it.

But the one from the Ski tube over - hmmm I think the fact you don’t have to unstrap comes down to your size mate! LOL. I doubt young Dylan would make it easy!

Hey hey hey, i did it easy the other day when i went over there

Jordan - 17 July 2012 10:18 AM

now its only happened to me once, and i couldnt be bothered reading the whole thread to see if its already been covered
but once these little S#@TS were throwing snowballs in the line and kept hitting random people

I would have unstrapped, walked over and intimidated said lil kids with serious physical injury if they kept up said snowball throwing… but thats me cheese

deanobruce - 17 July 2012 11:30 AM

I would have unstrapped, walked over and intimidated said lil kids with serious physical injury if they kept up said snowball throwing… but thats me cheese

Respect.  cool smirk

deanobruce - 17 July 2012 11:30 AM
Jordan - 17 July 2012 10:18 AM

hahaha yea they deserved it thats for sure

As above, haven’t read the thread but what gets me is the lifties not doing their job.

1. When there are no lines, sure, stand around being cool, but when the lines are long, please do your best to fill every seat on the chairs. People are dumb and won’t be able to figure it out for themselves.. Make fours as close as you can to the loading point and don’t let couples get away with having a chair to themselves. Breaks my heart to see spare spots on a chair :(

2. Don’t be trigger happy with the stop button. More often than not there’s plenty of staff around to ‘deal’ with a situation, rather than just going for the stop button and then thinking about it. Even it that newb skier has a catastrophic fail at the load point there’s usually enough time and staff to get it sorted without stopping the chair. One major resort in the US I worked as a liftie at had an unofficial motto to ‘keep the lifts running no matter what’.

As I’m on a roll with this rant:

3. Load chairs until last ride. If the chair states that the last ride is 4:00pm, damm it, I am entitled to catch that chair up until 3:59.59pm. Don’t creep it forward so you can go home earlier. Lazy. Come closing time I’ve probably been ripped off by the resort at least 5 times already, last thing I want it to be ripped on my riding time as well.

Wow, I feel better after that!

All valid points there mate, and no.1 is something that totally gets me fired up too! you dont need 4 or 5 of you standing inside the gates around the chair. one of you head back and start sorting people into 4s

It is good when ya snag a chair when there’s only two of ya’s though!!!!!  smirk

Haha AJ2 - all valid points.

The good thing about point 3 is at perisher in particular the time is displayed on the scanning gates now. They can’t shut early!

Oh, I hate Ski Patrol snaking the line in none emergency situations, when they are just cruising and generally having fun.