The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What aggravates you in lift lines?

I love riding t-bars by holding on with my arms rather then between my legs. If you do it the whole ride of leichart, it hurts like hell though raspberry

cords - 16 July 2012 04:15 AM
DylanV - 16 July 2012 04:00 AM

how about when your on a t bar and there are some people who are just soo stupid or out of control they crash into you

I have a lot of sympathy for people learning to ride t-bars. Its bloody hard and kind of intimidating, especially if there is any kind of line. I ended up in tears on my first ever day of riding trying to go on one. I was just following my mate (he took me up mount P) and once at the bottom we had to take a T to get back across. I didn’t know where I was going, I was just desperately trying to keep up. I kept falling and the lifty yelled at me saying I shouldn’t be there if I didn’t know how to ride them…which was true, it was just that my mate assumed that I’d pick it up first try (which I didn’t!)

having said that, I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard in my whole life, as I did the time I was night skiing in sweden with Crackers brother and he decided it was “switch night” and he rode switch everywhere including the T-bar. He fell about half way up one of the steepest T-bars I’ve ever come across and hung on for dear life, using all different approaches until he finally fell about 2/3s of the way up the steep slope. Me and Freddy were on the T-bar behind him and just laughed til we nearly died watching it all unfold. We waited for about 5 minutes at the top while he walked the rest of the way up and laughed the whole time there, too. Poor bastard, but he inflicted it on himself!

cords i ment people who are riding across the t bar tracks and hit people riding the Ts hahaha
but great story, when i was riding with nthn one day i decided it was a good idea to ride up and dismount the V8 switch (much to his horror), but i actually pulled it off, and then not last weekend but the one before i decided to ride Lawson’s Tbar switch and much to my surprize i actually made it all the way to the top grin

sometimes when the lines long at the leichardt t bar you’ll see some people attempt the rope to and man that can be hours of entertainment, some people can just not get it hahah

TJswish - 16 July 2012 04:46 AM

I love riding t-bars by holding on with my arms rather then between my legs. If you do it the whole ride of leichart, it hurts like hell though raspberry

Holding onto a Tbar is different. I too like wakebaording with tbars LOL but this poma there isnt mucy to hold onto with your hands

Yea, there is only 1 poma over the NSW slopes at Smiggs so I don’t ride em. They are painful and stupid imo. T-Bars are much better and you can have 2 people on when there is a queue.

you forgot the one at Guthega.

And I am guessing there is one at Selwyn as well.

you forgot the one at Guthega.

And I am guessing there is one at Selwyn as well.

Oh and the one at Charlotte Pass.

Eh, Guthega is my least favourite part of Perisher and I’ve yet to ride Charlottes or Selwyn.

Double post to catch me ey?

TJswish - 16 July 2012 05:30 AM

Eh, Guthega is my least favourite part of Perisher and I’ve yet to ride Charlottes or Selwyn.

Doesn’t mean it doesn’t exist!!

True. I just didn’t know about them smile

Guthega is cool as f*ck to ride, but thats just me*

*i havent ridden it in like 4 years, so i reserve the right to rescind my love for Guthega if the next time i go there i think it sucks.

Nothing has changed in 4 years Deano!

You WILL be at the Shred (we sooo have to go have a guthega pub lunch!) so you can see for yourself (if it is open I suppose!)

If it’s open is the key. I love the pub but wasn’t a huge fan of the actual terrain.

Plus if you have any newbies with you, it will take 1/2 a day to get out there and back…

Actually I really did like the long home trail down to the bottom when it was open. Just didn’t like the ride back up lol.

Another thing that pisses me of in lift lines is actually when getting on the chair and people dont spread evenly across the load area and end up sitting on your f’in lap or making you sitting on the bloody arm rest

yeah! I’m a goofy, so I always try to load over to the far left side of the chair, so that my board dangles out over the left edge of the chair and doesn’t get tangled with everyone else’s boards, and this happens to me a lot. I always make sure I sit down right in the corner so I’m squished against the side of the chair, but I’ve still sat on way too many people’s laps, because they can’t sit in the right spot.
If I wasn’t so plain, I’d reckon I should start charging! hahaha