The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What aggravates you in lift lines?

Yeh, people that dont look up hill(well in general arent aware of their surroundings) shits me. Yeh people down hill have right of way, but bloody look up before you pull out/drop. Would save so many crashes and near misses

Definitely stocks, new board had swirl marks on it in one day from skiiers stopping themselves with there stocks on my board!

nthnbeachesguy - 16 July 2012 03:16 AM

The line itself

Definitely this. Lift lines take all the fun out of riding and a lot of the time I’d rather not ride (I’m so desperate at the moment though that I’d stand for an hour to go up!).

and smoking. worst and rudest habit that ever existed.

I’m with TJ, I reckon damage to your board from lift lines is inevitable…yes if people were taught etc it would be better, but the simple fact is that it ain’t gonna happen! there will always be clueless people.

cords - 16 July 2012 03:35 AM

I reckon damage to your board from lift lines is inevitable…yes if people were taught etc it would be better, but the simple fact is that it ain’t gonna happen! there will always be clueless people.

It ain’t gonna change unless the clueless people doing the wrong thing are made aware of their ignorance and selfishness - so the worst thing you can do is passively let them get away with it.

Azz - 16 July 2012 03:27 AM

The getting my board knocked about in lift lines does not bother me to much, you should see the crap I ride over and bang into. big surprise

I do however hate folks that are not organised in lift lines and waste my day.

While we are whinging….. I hate people who go slow down on cat tracks by doing turns back and forth, makes for some scary moments (mostly for said person) when I come bombing past LOL Just do some falling leaf action so I have a predicable object to come past.

Also dickheads that don’t look uphill before dropping….... WTF rage

Haha agree Azz!!

smoking. worst and rudest habit that ever existed.

THIS!

If I’m eating outdoors and someone comes and site close to me and lights up, I have no problem at all with loudly burping and/or farting in their close vicinity - in a “how do YOU like it” kind of way.

chucky - 16 July 2012 03:42 AM

smoking. worst and rudest habit that ever existed.

THIS!

If I’m eating outdoors and someone comes and site close to me and lights up, I have no problem at all with loudly burping and/or farting in their close vicinity - in a “how do YOU like it” kind of way.

Sounds fair smile

how about when your on a t bar and there are some people who are just soo stupid or out of control they crash into you

When I did my first private snowboard lesson then first thing I was taught was to ALWAYS look up hill before heading off.

The other thing I have always done is move out from the lift unload area and any space directly ahead. I always go about 10m away from the area and scoot off to the side to strap in. Gotta respect your fellow shredsters!

DylanV - 16 July 2012 04:00 AM

how about when your on a t bar and there are some people who are just soo stupid or out of control they crash into you

I have a lot of sympathy for people learning to ride t-bars. Its bloody hard and kind of intimidating, especially if there is any kind of line. I ended up in tears on my first ever day of riding trying to go on one. I was just following my mate (he took me up mount P) and once at the bottom we had to take a T to get back across. I didn’t know where I was going, I was just desperately trying to keep up. I kept falling and the lifty yelled at me saying I shouldn’t be there if I didn’t know how to ride them…which was true, it was just that my mate assumed that I’d pick it up first try (which I didn’t!)

having said that, I don’t think I’ve ever laughed so hard in my whole life, as I did the time I was night skiing in sweden with Crackers brother and he decided it was “switch night” and he rode switch everywhere including the T-bar. He fell about half way up one of the steepest T-bars I’ve ever come across and hung on for dear life, using all different approaches until he finally fell about 2/3s of the way up the steep slope. Me and Freddy were on the T-bar behind him and just laughed til we nearly died watching it all unfold. We waited for about 5 minutes at the top while he walked the rest of the way up and laughed the whole time there, too. Poor bastard, but he inflicted it on himself!

my main lift line beef right now is the slowness of the readers at falls, plus inter pomas general gooch squishingness

Yeah I agree Cords. I have yet to tackle one on a board.

I think i mentioned on here the other week week people were just standing there watching this girl keep falling off the tbar. No one offered to ride with her or even tell her how to use the Tbar. The line was just getting longer and longer. I just went to the front of the queue and said - come on I will take you up.

To be honest that shites me the most!! Don’t just stand there help the girl!

trentradpants - 16 July 2012 04:19 AM

my main lift line beef right now is the slowness of the readers at falls, plus inter pomas general gooch squishingness

Yeh Falls express lift, does get slow, but the atleast scan properly, unlike Hoth has (from my experience so far anyway). We just shoot down the singles line everytime cos its always empty and skip cue, and end up on same chair most the time anyway.

Yeh, international destroyed me. Not sure If I can have kids anymore haha. On a funny pomma note, my bro didnt get the poma between his legs in time on lakeside poma and ended up going the whole way up holding on with his hands. Was one of the funniest things ive ever witnessed on a poma. He was in so much pain at the top

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 16 July 2012 04:26 AM
trentradpants - 16 July 2012 04:19 AM

Yeh Falls express lift, does get slow, but the atleast scan properly, unlike Hoth has (from my experience so far anyway). We just shoot down the singles line everytime cos its always empty and skip cue, and end up on same chair most the time anyway.

Yeh, international destroyed me. Not sure If I can have kids anymore haha. On a funny pomma note, my bro didnt get the poma between his legs in time on lakeside poma and ended up going the whole way up holding on with his hands. Was one of the funniest things ive ever witnessed on a poma. He was in so much pain at the top

Haha, yeah yesterday while waiting in the poma line i heard a girl tell the lifty that the one she was just on didnt extend so she spent a bit of the time actually completly in the air. A bit later on i must have got the same poma as i spent 1/2 the ride up airborn swiming in the breeze, was fun!!

being wacked in the head by skiers stocks
being collected by an out of control boarder…how you can be going that fast and not in control to lift lines i have no idea

both true stories
good thing i had helmet on in both cases