The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Falls Creek 2012

haha, im not that game wink

ozgirl - 13 July 2012 02:42 AM
deanobruce - 13 July 2012 02:36 AM

umm f*cked if i know…

also i cant make it this weekend, got stuff i have to do sat morning and sat night.

Sorry mate.

Your not working - can’t you find another time to do this “stuff”

Just cause im not working, doesnt mean others arent wink

typical of a teacher to correct bad spelling. And I guess I will not be choking my wheels considering it will not sufficate.
But il see u on the slop hahhaa whatever it is.

deanobruce - 13 July 2012 05:42 AM
ozgirl - 13 July 2012 02:42 AM
deanobruce - 13 July 2012 02:36 AM

umm f*cked if i know…

also i cant make it this weekend, got stuff i have to do sat morning and sat night.

Sorry mate.

Your not working - can’t you find another time to do this “stuff”

Just cause im not working, doesnt mean others arent wink

Has the ex gf got you running around in circles??

Talk about under the thumb!! hahaha

hahahha no!

I am my own man thankyou very much!  hmmm

Gonna be at falls tomorro And Sunday. Hit me up if anyone wants to slide. Drivin with my bro n campin so no room in car, sorry Koper let me know if u go anyway

No worries man. Probs gonna give it a miss and save my $ for next weekend, few mates want to try boarding and stay on the mountain.

deanobruce - 13 July 2012 09:24 AM

hahahha no!

I am my own man thankyou very much!  hmmm

Then follow up with this one again, oz!!!!!  smirk

Have fun teddy, let me know how it is!
Gotta lock some accom for the 18/19th aug!

Days 11 & 12 for the Season
I have been meaning to do a daily blog like the Whistler thread but havent got around too it. I will start off with the weekend past, and then will back track to try to cover the first 10 days of my season.

I was super keen to head up to the snow last weekend though the weather wasnt looking great and I was on the verge of not going. Mainly because I couldnt get anyone to come up with me and help with fuel costs and a drinking buddy. Last minute on Friday night I convinced my bro to come up for his first trip for the season.
We go up to Falls by about 9am on Saturday morning. It was lookng like we might be in for a rough day as it was changing between rain, sleet, hail, and fluffy snow every 2mins. Most of the day it was pretty blowy and snowing the whole day. When i say snowing it was more like tiny beads of ice. The parks had the jumps closed so we didnt bother riding them. Had some warm up runs on Main St and Wombats before heading over to Summit bowl looking for shelter. The wind was definately better over that side until you got to the top of the list. The rain had definately affected the snow in the past few days making it very spring like, soft and chopped up by 10am.

We had a few coffee breaks every time the weather got too annoying. Eventually we sussed out a tree line off to skiers right of Eagle chair. At the top we hiked across the flat section until we found the “peak” and dropped in. Even though the snow was hail like that had been falling all day, a lot of it had fallen. We were actuall getting fresh tree runs all arvo through there. Was heaps of fun. Mini rollers and stashes everywhere.
Called it quits probably about 4pm and got stuck into some beers.
Moved the car, had showers then headed to the Cock n Bull for a feed. Forgot how expensive this place is! $37 for a Chicken Parma! Yeh the meals are great there, but didnt wanna spend that money. We went there because it was happy hour billy LOL So we just ordered the Garlic Chicken Balls drool  (soooo amazing but give you the worst garlic breath) and a nachos. Both which were great value for money.
Next went to Last Hoot for a quick beer, then back to The Man to have a few rounds of beer, be creeps for a bit then we decided to head back to the car and call it a night.

It was starting to snow a fair bit as we got back to the car, but we didnt expect to be snowed in when we woke up in the morning. Was stoked to get out in the morning for some awesome snow! Wish we had of been a bit quicker at getting ready, hit the slopes by about 9am.
Went up Falls Express and at the top we realised how good the snow was looking. Dropped into Sun Valley and got awesome fresh turns all the way down!! shred and it wa 20cm of fresh! Wasnt super light powder like I had with Azz and Wildman at Hotham a few weeks back, but it was good qual snow.

We did two runs there. First one we cut across to Scotts, second came up the poma. That was the hilight of my day. My bro didnt get the poma between his legs before the real hill climb started and ended up having to hold onto an ice covered poma pole/base the whole way up. I was in tears of laughter the whole way as he was letting out cries of agony as his hands were always moments from giving away. It wasnt until we got near the top I told him he should lock the poma under his elbow or armpit to make it easier. It was just too funny to watch him suffer LOL
Me and the hot lifty chick at the top had a good laugh at him as he came up over the last final steep bit.

We decided to head over to summit to check it out as it was good the day before. Cut across from the top of Scotts to Summit and got some good fresh in the trees, but as we got closer to summit everything had already been majorly tracked out. All the early birds beat us to the punch. We went up Summit chair and headed over into the Maze as the new snow looked promising over there.
Being the Maze I can never remember which runs we went down and chopped and changed. Though I think it was either Valley of the Moon or Rollercoaster, There was a nice natural powder hip that I boosted off and got a sick air into pow ollie was loving live
We cut across a bit more and followed some others between trees then boosting off the cat tracks into more chopped up fresh and worked our way back to the International Poma.
Decided to head back to Sundown and work across to Ruind Caslte area. There was no one there at all. I had lots of high speed runs down ruined with the whole slope to myself to let loose. We would do a chair up Scotts, go across Sundown cos there was heaps of fun fresh hits, then Ruined again.

Did a few loops like that before it cleared up a bit with a small sun patch and we got a glimps of the Rocky Knolls off piste area. We were sitting at the top of South Face sussing out if it was gonna be worth the hike and how long it was gonna take us to go straight up it. We thought we would head out Mt McKay way and try to follow the covered road then follow the spur up to the top of the Knolls instead of goin up the face. That was taking longer that we expected and looked down at some skiers who had already started hikinig the Knolls before we did and had gotten not very far at all. We realized we made a better choice but knew it would take us too long to get to the peak of the Knolls, as the weather was coming in and we didnt wanna be out there not being able to see where we were.

We decided to just climb to the highest bit near us that was on the way to Mt McKay and just drop back from there. It was AMAZING. Didnt look that steep, but we soon picked up speed and got lots of amazing long turns back down. Fresh, and it was pow here! Boosted massive air off the pile of snow that had built up over where McKay road existed somewhere underneath. More turns and into a gully, lots of speed up the otherside and we ended up sliding right back into the bottom of South Face and

rode all the way back to bottom of Ruined Chair. One last run on Ruined then called it a day at 1.30pm
We wer super satisfied and headed home on a good note.
Being out there I really saw a lot of potential for split boarding and am keener than ever to get one!

Cant wait to head back this weekend for sun and park jumps
cool grin

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 16 July 2012 11:59 PM

Forgot how expensive this place is! $37 for a Chicken Parma! Yeh the meals are great there, but didnt wanna spend that money.  So we just ordered the Garlic Chicken Balls drool  (soooo amazing but give you the worst garlic breath) and a nachos. Both which were great value for money.

Dang thats expensive!

K2_SnatchCrewSader - 16 July 2012 11:59 PM

we just ordered the Garlic Chicken Balls drool  (soooo amazing but give you the worst garlic breath)

Lucky Deano wasn’t there then! No man cuddles for you two!

haha, and it would have been even squishier with 3 in the car LOL