The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What is the first concert you ever went to?

N E R D

The wiggles concert at Revesby Workers when i was like 4 or something. When they were only just starting out.
But my first real concert was The Living End at Sweeny’s Riding ranch near Campbelltown when i was like 15 or 16.

Never been to concert…

TJswish - 12 July 2012 02:13 AM

Haha they have a K-Pop festival in Sydney? I would have gone to laugh at people smile

It was the first of its kind. It really was not good at all.

HardSnow - 12 July 2012 10:49 AM

Never been to concert…

Aw, you’re missing out! You gotta at least experience it once.

BAND: Uncanny XMen (Brian Mannix)
YEAR: 1983
Many others though in early 90’s. Mizu will dig this, Spy V Spy, Midnight Oil, Gangajang, Noiseworks, Screaming Jets, The Angels, Rose Tattoo.
Funniest concert was Machine Gun Fellatio. Trippy

drc13 - 12 July 2012 05:13 AM

Haha it’s funny how Blink 182 have already been mentioned a couple of times but I’m pretty sure they were my first real concert as well.

I’d guess is was in the early 2000’s? so after googling I’ll take a punt at the date and base it off that.

Band: Blink 182
Date: Wednesday 04 April 2001

Blink 182 “Dude Ranch” was one of the first CD’s I can remember buying with my own money. I didn’t know about the concert until a mate offered me his ticket as he couldn’t make it. On side note I was getting a lift to the snow this week with some younger guys and they were playing Blink 182 “damnit” in the car. It brought back good memories, they probably considered it an old classic smile

I think I was at the same concert! It was cancelled and they came back several months later.

My first proper one was Grounded Festival in Penrith I think. The likes of Superheist, Grinspoon, Sunk Loto. Probably in 99 so I would have been 16.

HardSnow - 12 July 2012 10:49 AM

Never been to concert…

Like really?

Band: Roxette
Year: 1995

My favourite band as a kid, had all their cassettes and knew all the lyrics. My brother was kind enough to shell out the $48 for my ticket which I attempted to pay back by doing baskets of ironing for my mum at $2 per basket (hankies, tea towels, pillow cases etc). I think I got up to about $16 before he told me not to worry about the rest. We waited out the back near their taragos until they came out, they signed our tickets and said hello! I framed my signed ticket and I still have it!

First “cool” concert:

Band: Reel Big Fish
Year: 1998

This concert was just the best fun! My first time skanking and it was so much fun. Ska concerts are always fun, I think. best vibes!

Reel Big Fish!!

I heart you Cords!

Hilarious Song!!!

cords - 12 July 2012 11:17 PM

Band: Roxette
Year: 1995

My favourite band as a kid, had all their cassettes and knew all the lyrics. My brother was kind enough to shell out the $48 for my ticket which I attempted to pay back by doing baskets of ironing for my mum at $2 per basket (hankies, tea towels, pillow cases etc). I think I got up to about $16 before he told me not to worry about the rest. We waited out the back near their taragos until they came out, they signed our tickets and said hello! I framed my signed ticket and I still have it!

First “cool” concert:

Band: Reel Big Fish
Year: 1998

This concert was just the best fun! My first time skanking and it was so much fun. Ska concerts are always fun, I think. best vibes!

I enjoy being a skank also!  LOL

deanobruce - 12 July 2012 11:46 PM

I enjoy being a skank also!  LOL

I assume you already know that ska dancing is referred to as skanking…. I can be accused of many things, but being a skank is not one of them haha

I saw Reel Big Fish at Soundwave in 2011. Epic concert.

Beer really went off.