The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Falls Creek 2012

MOst likely the stackhat brothers haha. Will confirm tomorro

how long you going for Brad?

Sat-Sunday. Just stay the one night.

oh ok, not sure im going to be able to come, i have shit to do late sat night.

I may, just may come do a day trip on the sat.

No worries. just let me know either way

actually…i may come with. ah shit decisions, decisions…

no stress. let me know by tomorrow arvo

will do mate.

I always let the weather make up my mind. BOM that is, always predicted bluebird for the w/e on the resorts’ weather sites???

Haha, yeh I agree. If it is looking shitty still on Friday night I may save my pennies for another day.

driving up next friday smile and staying in mount beauty til sunday! Kinda driving for the first time there anything I need to remember? I’ll be in a 4wd landruiser. Do i need to check anything and choke my wheels when I park? I’ve been reading around! I know i need the alphine fuel…hope to see u guys up there!

As you’re parking below the snowline each night there’s not much you have to worry about. All the vehicle prep stuff only really comes into play if you’re leaving your car on the mountain overnight for an extended period.

As for wheel chocks, yes, I have seen cars slide before when the ice melts, but certainly not in Australia. Fortunaly our engineers here had the foresight to not build our carparks on an incline!

Personally I never worry about alpine fuel for day trips, but it’s available at several pumps in Mt Beauty and is easy to get.

In VIC all vehicles must carry chains.

Yeh you will be fine with out Alpine fuel if u are heading up from Mt Beauty each day. Like AJ said legally u still have to carry chains but doubtful u will need them. Look forward to going for a slide shaka

Yeh you will be fine with out Alpine fuel if u are heading up from Mt Beauty each day. Like AJ said legally u still have to carry chains but doubtful u will need them. Look forward to going for a slide shaka

i will be doing the same!
Where you staying in Mt Beauty? we wil be at the caravan park i believe.