The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

What is the first concert you ever went to?

As the title says;

What band/location/year was the first concert* you ever went to?

I was listening to Blink 182 on youtube and it made me think of my first concert.
AGE - 16
BAND - Blink 182
LOCATION - WIN Entertainment Centre - Wollongong,
DATE - Sunday August 29th 2004 (thanks google!)

Was an epic show, went with some girls i met down at my caravan at Lake Conjola a few months before hand. We had seasted tickets, but we snuck into the mosh pit and went mental.

*By concert i mean like stadium/major band, big aussie bands and/or international bands. I had seen local bands prior to this concert but this was my first big name concert.

Hehe!

I wasn’t going to admit it but since my reputation is shot to pieces on here anyway….

Bros

I was around 10 -ish (google not helping much!)

I do remember there was a bomb scare at the Entertainment Center and my dad went a bit mental as he had just dropped my sister and I and a neighbour off and he was worried we would be stuck inside (last know to be headed to the bathroom and there were no alarms back them it was just a quite shuffle everyone out the building).

Nice one deano!

First concert that I can remember going to was:
Concert: Surf, Skate Slam. (The only bands I remember were Frenzal Rhomb & a band called 59 times the pain) It was a very much a punk concert!
Date: No idea sometime in 1998!

I remember back in the day i was trying to convince my parents to let me go to the Vans warped tour at Ulladulla skatepark as we were at our van in Lake Conjola, mum wasnt going to budge so i was spewing. Heard it went mental…

Offspring at the Hordern Pavillion when I was 18 I think, was good fun, I remember ending up with no shirt on as it was covered in beer!

From memory would my first concert was also my first festival, Homebake ‘99 when I was 15

My first one was with my brother. He really wanted to go and none of his friends were going so I went. Then I went to a sh!tload more! lol

AGE - 18
BAND - All American Rejects
LOCATION - Roundhouse - University of NSW
DATE - 2004

I think my first real concert was Eminem in 2001. I can’t remember going to any earlier concerts.

Artist: Eminem
Date: 2001

ARTIST: Cliff Richard
DATE: 1986

does this count as a major show? probably not. the first real festival i went to then i guess was….

BIG DAY OUT
ARTISTS: sonic youth, iggy pop, carter usm, nick cave, def fx, mudhoney, hard ons etc….
DATE: 1993

Artist: Victor Kim
Date: 2009/2010

I wouldn’t exactly call it a concert as it was more of an intimate show but my first legit concert’s too embarrassing to say.

Come on - I admitted mine!!!

ozgirl - 12 July 2012 02:00 AM

Come on - I admitted mine!!!

Okay okay. Sydney K-Pop Festival last year. In my defence, I won tickets and I wouldn’t have paid to go. Ah yeah… Wasn’t very good.

Haha they have a K-Pop festival in Sydney? I would have gone to laugh at people smile

Band: Body Jar
Was gnarly. Moshin like mad, crowd surfin, and lost shoes haha

First proper one would have been
Artist: 50 Cent
Year: 2003
Front row of the pit. Picked up in the pit too LOL

AGE - 15ish?
BAND - Crowded House Farewell concert, with powderfinger,custard and you am I supporting. I think it was the year that the three supports all got in the hottest 100
LOCATION - Sydney Opera House forecourt…with 200,000 plus people
DATE - um 1996 I think

Worth looking at this just to see the crowd….it was the whole way round the opera house and the way to the circular quay. We turned up fairly late, jumped the fence next to the water line and crawled along the little 20cm edge over the water all the way from circular Quay and then jumped the fence into the front of stage area…things you can get away with when you are little haha

my first was Motley Crue, but I don’t remember when. I think it was the dr. feelgood tour.

Damn Oz, I would have killed to have seen Bros lol (not really) but I do remember trying to catch their video on tv (when will i be famous). I was in Australia at the time and getting ready to go to the ekka in brisbane. ah the memories!