The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Best ‘saying’ to your group just before first chair

This is a thread of the best sayings to throw out there to your snow buddies (particularly in the case of a group of noobies) right before you get on the first charlift of the day! .... Either in the interests of easing their nerves or more importantly freaking them out…

maybe… “So we’re heading straight for the closest black run of the day vampire .”

“i cant believe im awake at this time after last night” is frequently said whenever im on the hill with a group of mates

Urrrrggggghhh - is usually my first line billy

GARY!!!!!!!

Don’t ask.

Who’s joining me for a beer?

dunno about before, but after getting off the lift i’m saying more times than not “how can you not have learned how to get off a lift by now?” some of my buddies are just hopeless and still swing their arms around like a windmill.

umm nothing. i just get on the damn chair and ride?!

“Break a leg”

Though the Beer comment and the exiting a chair comments ring quite true.

(to the first person you see with a gopro) “You should follow me bro, I’m the best goddamn skier on this mountain.”

...This one time, i got stuck up here for 5 hours. I had to jump off and broke my leg!

“Remember to stay on the chair until the lifty tells ya to get off”

Then you take the chair behind them!!!!!

If they ask for a ticket… run!

LOL

“I really hope we get a chair that’s not got a p!#$ stain on it”
or
“Dude, it’s so easy you basically just walk off the chair at the top”

If i’m with the wife it’s usually:
“This is ridiculous, why am i doing this, i should still be in bed.  Look at me i’m already sweating just waiting in line!  Do you just wanna get a beer when we hit the top?”.  I whinge a lot.

bogmow - 11 July 2012 07:40 AM

“This is ridiculous, why am i doing this, i should still be in bed.  Look at me i’m already sweating just waiting in line!  Do you just wanna get a beer when we hit the top?”.  I whinge a lot.

Haha!

Love it!!

I dont really talk, Im usually to hung over!!!

Mizu Kuma - 11 July 2012 06:18 AM

“Remember to stay on the chair until the lifty tells ya to get off”

Then you take the chair behind them!!!!!

Hahaha excellent!

I’ve managed to get in front of a group of first time chair riders with their instructor a couple of times and just wait for them at the top and enjoy the show! .... priceless!!!