The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

JAPAN 2012 / 2013

I need to start thinking about details for a possible Japan trip this coming winter…

Gamblor, do you live near Hakuba? Based on your exp, is the snow (quality/quanitity) much different early-mid Feb vs late Feb-early March?

Don’t ask that, Dan!!!!!

You just come the same time as I do!!!!! That way I will be guaranteed record snowfall durin my stay!!!!!  LOL

Maybe I try to work through the whole of Xmas other than the public holidays but you only have to take 7 annual leave days to get a total of 16 off, any other time of the year to do that you need to take 10 days annual leave.  If I did work through I would probably leave my trip till around Australia Day.  Do a week in Japow and then a week in Tahoe ha ha, would be pretty epic with snow doing that.  If Deano holds up his end of the bargain and goes to Tahoe, buys the truck and the sled then I’ll do the lot in Tahoe.  This also all depends on what my girl wants or can do time and money wise. 

There is another thought process where her best friend might be moving back to Sweden soon, my brain has hatched a plan to ride Salen and Are while they catch up ha ha!

Sounds like you have all the bases covered!

No bases covered unfortunately, only options, ideally I would have more time and more money and I could do the entire northern hemisphere in one season ha ha!

nthnbeachesguy - 10 July 2012 05:33 AM

No bases covered unfortunately,

You’re wearin that mankini right this minute, aren’t ya?????

No mizu, unfortunately I’m in suit and tie right now filling in an in depth schedule of rates which is a PITA.

Oh and I never forgot this link from a previous travel thread, epic epic epic looking park.

http://www.freeride.se/blog/salenparks/12079_pink-park-pa-48-bilder/

Dan83 - 10 July 2012 03:48 AM

I need to start thinking about details for a possible Japan trip this coming winter…

Gamblor, do you live near Hakuba? Based on your exp, is the snow (quality/quanitity) much different early-mid Feb vs late Feb-early March?

I live 2 hours (1.5 in summer) from Hakuba. We sometimes get rain in March. Other than that it all depends when the storms come in. You can’t really predict it much in advance. The best you can do is rent a car and be flexible to drive over to Myoko or Nozawa if a storm misses Hakuba. Last winter Hakuba got passed over by lots of storms. Myoko got pounded and pounded.

What are some of ya favoured inbounds areas of Nozawa, Gamblor?????

never been!

I’ve been meaning to go but it’s 2 hours for me to get to Hakuba and then another 1.5/2 to nozawa. I always manage to find something good in hakuba or can’t find anyone to go with (someone who knows the spot) or have lift pass issues. Next season I will try to go

I guess that ya a little spoilt for choice over there hey?????

Be good to go for a couple of runs with ya, that’s if our worlds collide when I’m there!!!!!

I wont be doin any crevice jumpin though!!!!! I’ll film it instead!!!!!  LOL

LOL sure thing. pm me when you get here and we’ll see how it’s looking

Will do!!!!!  shaka

First post. Hazzah.

I’ll be in Japan (Hakuba) from Dec 30 - Feb 6 with my better half. If anyone is in town during that period, let me know! My GF would like another female to talk to in the Onsen LOL so, bonus points if you can help with that :D