The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

The NBA Thread

I dont blame Ray Allen in the slightest, he thinks he has a better shot at winning a title before he retires with the Heat.
Good Luck to him.

That’s it. He served the Celtics well for five years, won a championship with them. There was a lot of trade talk surrounding him in recent times and I guess that played a factor in him leaving. Then they signed Jason Terry, another proven winner in his position. Time to move on and try to win another championship. He is a free agent and took less money to go after the championship. The did so well for the Celtics in his time there. Jason Terry was a nice addition to the team by the way.

We also look to be in the running for Marcus Camby. He would be exactly what we need. Rebounder and shot blocker. Looks like New York is leading the race though. Expect New York to be up there next season. They are adding some really nice pieces.

Who is going to play point for Miami? Labron? or D-wade? or just Fk it, 2 shooting guards lol.

I doubt Ray will start during the regular season. They will want to keep him fresh. He’s 37 and just had ankle surgery. Mario will run the point for sure. Would expect a small lineup down the stretch with Bosh playing centre and Bron at PF. I’m sure we’ll see that lineup in the playoffs as well. Coach ES will play around with different lineups. Wade would play point with Mario out and Ray/Bron in.

Knicks signed Marcus Camby. Heat signed Rashard Lewis.

There’s talk of Dwight Howards going to the Lakers. Nash, Kobe, Dwight… I would be scared.

Yea though they’d definitely lose Bynum and a good chance that could include Pau Gasol which would make the Magic still a top 4 team in the east (especially if Bynum continues to improve and stays healthy). Jameer Nelson (while not great) is still a decent starting PG and if Turk picks up his game at the 3 guard they have a good team.

Send J-Rich with Dwight on the trade and move JJ-Reddick into the starting lineup and thats still a pretty good starting 5 imo.

blank stare

I actually felt bad posting this. But then I looked into Ron’s eyes and laughed. Sorry mate.

I could never stay mad at Ron

just saw on Facebook that Jeremy Lin has left the knicks and is headed to the Rockets!

Houston offered him a huge deal and the Knicks didn’t want to match it. They had days to match the offer but they decided to let him go. Knicks will have Raymond Felton, Jason Kidd, and Mike Bibby at PG.

That was inevitable, they signed Jason Kidd and a pretty good backup and Linsanity is injury prone. Move onto solid PG’s who can actually support the stars.

Another downside of Lin is that he is a walking turnstyle. No defence (and when Amare and Melo are also walking turnstyles, they need defence in the PG slot.)

Chandler is a good defender though smile

I agree with all of that. Too many guys who want the ball. With a veteran champion like Kidd, he will decide when the ball goes where. If they can stay healthy I think they can be a really good team.