The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Thredbo 2012

Sukah - 24 June 2012 09:55 AM

Just got home from an epic 5 days down there, what can i say, awesome conditions and had them pretty much all to our selfs. the longest we waited in any line was 2 mins. I got to give a huge shout out to Spaz for hooking us cameras and for also hand delivering them last tuesday such a legend and top bloke. i will be doing an edit of our footage over the next week or so so ill do a bit of a trip report once that is done and post it up then.

so bummed to be home but I’m already planning to drive back down next friday. hahah

once again cheers to the camera spaz shaka

Here is a trailer haha

Love iMovie trailer edits. Looks like you made good use is the monopod shaka

yeah super fun, ill be doing a bigger edit with my brother on friday, he has after effects and alot better grahpic design software than i do.

ozgirl - 04 July 2012 03:15 AM

Yeah I agree about The Bistro - that’s why I said not The Pub!

I wonder what would be need to secure the private dining space?

I was thinking about the place at the top of High noon. especially if the weather is fine BUT if we have a few total beginners then that prob wont work.

Spaz I know the River Inn is not the greatest but it was the most convenient to organise.

I contacted TRC and they couldn’t find me 40 beds in the one location! We left it too late to organise.

Any suggestion on where to watch the Flare run from Spaz?

Spaz will you be around?

Are you keen on a small Dead Horse group trip?

Or Hosting the Pub Crawl (suspect you wont have to buy a drink all night if you do!

Can Santes take 40 ppl?

Santes holds 40 easy!

None of the bars Have a especially good view of the flare run that I can think of. My suggestion is a case (or 2) of beer in the Carpark where the snowcams are.
Alpenhorn could have a good view.
I’ve either been in the flare run, at work or partying to hard to bother watching it. The only one I actually watched was the Olympic torch in 2000 because I videoed it.

Keen on leading a pub crawl, I did respond to a text in that regard 3weeks ago.
Not 100% what dates I’m there July/August yet.

Confirmed. I’m free to be in Thredbo from 23rd July - 1st August shaka
I’m gonna try and barter for some accom so I’m not outed for smelling like a bum.

Sante’s is $50 a head!!!!!

Alpenhorn doesn’t have a bar anymore, but ya can BYO, the view is good for the flare run, and last feed I had there was shite!!!!!

Candlelight should have glimpse through the trees and good for fireworks, good beers, food not that great!!!!!

Cascades fare is always top class, and has good beverage selection!!!!!

The only place at the top of High Noon is Frostbite Cafe (a deck, serves hamburgers and soup, no toilets, and prob not the best for beginners like ya said)

If ya go off the Kosi Express, Eagles Nest has been refurbed but I don’t know what its like now, or for food!!!!! (Used to be good, but a bit average last time I went)

Eagles Nest is a great location though, as its the highest restaurant in Aus!!!!! (Buzz for OS visitors maybe????? They also do a gondola dinner certain nights weather permittin, and maybe a great option for the flare run/fireworks also)
Beginners can ride the lift back down if they aren’t keen to take on the traverse across to the Super Trail, and the more experienced can burn off the schnapps on Thredders leg burner!!!!!

Karrela Hutte is just down from Eagles, can access either Kosi or Snowgums lift!!!!! Good burgers at a price!!!!!

Merrits is a great location with good food, but ALWAYS packed!!!!! Easy access for every ability!!!!!

Hope this helps, oz?????

Just got back from a 5 day trip.  Booked it less than 12 hours in advance!
Snow was awesome, kids were aplenty… i’m absolutely buggered.

Sukah - 24 June 2012 09:55 AM

Just got home from an epic 5 days down there, what can i say, awesome conditions and had them pretty much all to our selfs. the longest we waited in any line was 2 mins. I got to give a huge shout out to Spaz for hooking us cameras and for also hand delivering them last tuesday such a legend and top bloke. i will be doing an edit of our footage over the next week or so so ill do a bit of a trip report once that is done and post it up then.

so bummed to be home but I’m already planning to drive back down next friday. hahah

once again cheers to the camera spaz shaka

Here is a trailer haha

Can see there’s great snow condition before the peak season begins
Love your trailer…. shaka

spaz - 06 July 2012 10:49 PM

Confirmed. I’m free to be in Thredbo from 23rd July - 1st August shaka
I’m gonna try and barter for some accom so I’m not outed for smelling like a bum.

Sweet dude!  shaka

Eagles Nest is owned by the same people who own Black Sallies. Food is average at Black Sallies and I suspect the same from Eagles Nest, I find The Bull Wheel overpriced for ok coffee and alcohol BUT THE VIEW!

Candlelight is getting heeps of good reviews this year.

Could always build a snow bar behind Karells-T if the weathers fine or cheese/wine/bear at DeadHorse.

Candlelight has such a cool view of the mountain.

But of the fare run I’m unsure.

Dan83 - 08 July 2012 11:40 AM

Candlelight has such a cool view of the mountain.

I notice.

As can be seen only the start of the flare run is visible from there. And the fire works a more spectacular from high on the village side.
Knickerbocker is facing the right part of the mountain but is too low in the village.

The best places are in the “old village” behind Denman or from the Alpine Way.

spaz - 08 July 2012 09:28 PM
Dan83 - 08 July 2012 11:40 AM

As can be seen only the start of the flare run is visible from there. And the fire works a more spectacular from high on the village side.
Knickerbocker is facing the right part of the mountain but is too low in the village.

The best places are in the “old village” behind Denman or from the Alpine Way.

Love the photo spaz. did you take it?

Also guys, My wife and I are spending all our time at perisher this year but we have a spare day. Do you recommend us checking out Thredbo for a day?

yeah, why not? always fun to check out another mountain. I’ve always enjoyed all my days riding thredbo.