The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2012

HMMMMmmm sounds amazing.

What do people think about station?

CRACKERS - 06 July 2012 01:58 AM
DylanV - 05 July 2012 04:45 PM

what are you talking about crackers? thats you in your dp isnt it??

Lets just say…don’t make bets that you are clearly going to lose. If you go far enough back in this thread you will see why I became the hardcore skier I am today smile

Haha i know, i was just having a “crack” at you LOL

HardSnow - 06 July 2012 02:21 AM

HMMMMmmm sounds amazing.

What do people think about station?

The station aint bad stayed there two years ago and was nearly going to book it for this year. somewhere to sleep, somwhere to drink . . .

Look it has served its purpose when have stayed there in my youthful years.

But now I would rather shoot my eye out!

ozgirl - 06 July 2012 02:57 AM

Lol oz, where is your bunk of choice now?

I stayed at station last year. Only reason we are staying this year is because i got 6 nights accom + 5.5 lift pass and $480 gift card for like $1100. for 2 people. they had false advertising lol.

for the weekend warrior it has all the things you would want bed/bathroom/heater at the cheapest rate around town
for 4 share upwards…..(twin share you single may get cheaper else were)
per night its the half what you expect to pay for an apartment

no kitchen…no biggie
eating out most of the time for two night stay anyway

Well looks like my holiday curse has struck again. rage

Arrived a little later in the day hoping for a nice relaxed day cruising the slopes and maybe practicing some switch riding.

I hop on my first lift of the day at village 8 on the inner most seat. Just as I sit down the bloody lifty hits my board with an ice pick!!! To top it off as me and the skier next to me look down to inspect the damage we are rewarded with the lift bar being slammed into the back of our heads!

The skier gives me his number saying he was happy to be a witness. I get off at the top and there’s a couple of chunks and the topsheet is slightly lifted. I ride down to management to get it sorted out.

The board is now in for repairs, I pick it up tomorrow who knows what it will look like. They gave me a hire board a 155w (my board is a 153 standard) with dull edges. After struggling down a couple of runs I give up and call it a day downer

devo sorry to hear that drc, hope it all goes better for you from here!!!

DRC are you farken kidding?  What did you say to the lifty to deserve that kind of stupidity?  I would be hitting em up for more than a repair job just quietly.  How TF do you manage that as a lifty?

Holy Crap DRC, that’s horrible. I’d be devastated. hopefully they give you a new board out of it.

Keep us posted.

humdingaling - 06 July 2012 03:53 AM

for the weekend warrior it has all the things you would want bed/bathroom/heater at the cheapest rate around town
for 4 share upwards…..(twin share you single may get cheaper else were)
per night its the half what you expect to pay for an apartment

no kitchen…no biggie
eating out most of the time for two night stay anyway

Good points. I guess i don’t have much experience as a weekend warrior.

Jeezuz!!!! DrC that sucks Ballzzz!!!!!

How the hell did that even happen!!

I would absolutely be pressing for a new board (not a repair) if you board is relatively new and for refund for your lift ticket for the day.

I know accidents happen, but WOW….. They well be insured up to their eyeballs anyway…..

I think we all need to buy you a beer at the shred!

yep I’d definitely be asking for a new board. repair or not, that thing will never be the same…and giving you a 155w and a dodgy repair job to shut you up is pretty average as well.

How’d you end up going? What you end up getting

HardSnow - 06 July 2012 03:23 AM
ozgirl - 06 July 2012 02:57 AM

Lol oz, where is your bunk of choice now?

I stayed at station last year. Only reason we are staying this year is because i got 6 nights accom + 5.5 lift pass and $480 gift card for like $1100. for 2 people. they had false advertising lol.

Sorry don’t listen to me.

But I do think that if you have a group you can get better accom in town.

I haven’t had to pay for accom for over 10 yrs so I have no idea! Casa Oz serves me nicely.