The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Perisher 2012

If I can scramble the $ I’ll be there from Sunday 8th (drive down Sat night)-may not be any left overs for you blizz.

More keen now that drc will be there, and Dylan for a shred on Sunday.

DylanV - 03 July 2012 10:50 AM

im going down from canberra this weekend and i am in need of slide/drinking buddies, should i leave friday arvo or saturday morning, that is the question…

HardSnow - 03 July 2012 05:56 AM

Sweeeeettt. I’m at perisher from 28th of July to 4th of August. Anything awesome happening on those dates? .

Im gunna be down there for that week, thats pretty awesome if you ask me LOL

Lol I guess that is awesome. NEED MY WHITE POWDER FIX.

On a scale of 1-10 what would you rate this season at perisher so far. Should i be crapping my pants with excitement or just slightly soiling them?

Right now for a June it was pretty Epic. Much better than last year.

Will report back after this weekend.

Snow will start to suffer (especially away from Snow making) since we wont get fresh stuff for a while!

Noooo. i hope there is a blizzard until the end of the month. Then we can have Japan type powder lol.

ozgirl - 04 July 2012 03:17 AM

. . . we wont get fresh stuff for a while!

Nothing predicted?

Right now for a June it was pretty Epic. Much better than last year.

Will report back after this weekend.

Snow will start to suffer (especially away from Snow making) since we wont get fresh stuff for a while!

I remember June last season as pretty good too!!!!!

The end of the season along with the peak for that matter, were pretty bloody average!!!!!

That it was Mizu - but i think this year was better.

Also there has been lots of evidence that this year was even better with lifts and Runs opening earlier than last years.

chucky - 04 July 2012 05:45 AM

. . . we wont get fresh stuff for a while!

Nothing predicted?

Grasshopper says the next system that will come thru only has a freezing level of 2000m downer

But lots of time for that to change!!!

You got me a little worried, so I did some research. As of 3pm this afternoon, it’s looking better. There still may be prefrontal rain early next week - but followed by a decent dump. You’re right though - early days yet.

Soo tired, haven’t slept since Monday going to grab some dinner soon then see if I can stay awake until the origin kick off.

After the long drive down I explored lots of runs I’d never seen before (only started boarding late last year)

My favourite runs for the day were probably Excelerator, Zalis and Towers. I wanted to explore Guthega but couldn’t seem to find an easy way to get there????

Snow conditions weren’t too bad hard packed with a bit of “fresh” on top. Snow flurries on and off all day in between some very bright stints. Unfortunately I don’t think it will be long before it all ices over.

Lift lines were a bit of a pain especially on the runs around front/mid. The most annoying thing though was the number of ski schools and their special lift line which significantly slowed things down.

HardSnow - 04 July 2012 02:41 AM
DylanV - 03 July 2012 10:50 AM

im going down from canberra this weekend and i am in need of slide/drinking buddies, should i leave friday arvo or saturday morning, that is the question…

HardSnow - 03 July 2012 05:56 AM

Sweeeeettt. I’m at perisher from 28th of July to 4th of August. Anything awesome happening on those dates? .

Im gunna be down there for that week, thats pretty awesome if you ask me LOL

Lol I guess that is awesome. NEED MY WHITE POWDER FIX.

On a scale of 1-10 what would you rate this season at perisher so far. Should i be crapping my pants with excitement or just slightly soiling them?

your gunna be snowboarding again so atleast a 6-7 even if conditions are shitty, and Leichhardt park is open with booters so that steps it up to about an 8.

whereabouts are you stayin?

I hope it does dumb down snow… Last night there was 1cm…. It’s better than nothing but COME ON. lol.

Drc13 you can drive to guthega but the road is average. An easy way to guthega from blue cow is the guthega middle traverse. if you leave the blue cow terminal heading towards the early starter double, start riding left and a 100 or so metres away from the terminal building there is a sign for guthega, cruising speed will get you all the way to the cow pastures j-bar at guthega.

Yep that’s they way I would suggest or the Pretty Valley - Guthega traverse from the top of Pretty Valley chair.

But I am not sure which is the easiest/best on a board. (i suspect PVG, but a boarder who has done both would be better to guide you)

Hey People

I am doing a one day mission down there this Sat 7th shred  ollie

I can’t really hit the park as I am still getting over broken ribs but two friends have convinced me to come and film.

SO ILL BE FILMING IN THE PARKS SAT> I dont mind filming anyone from BW really so if your hitting the park come say hi and ill film you as you swing by.

I am wearing black pants,blue jacket and a white helmet ( or maybe black if i can work out my newsand box helmet issues)...riding a GNU park pickle with BW sticker…or pm me for my number if your super keen.

cheers

CRACKERS

ps: oh yeh we have a spare seat from the gong if anyone wants to come..petrol/Nat park pass share cost only.