The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Falls Creek 2012

Yeh definately. Im heading too Hotham/Falls tomorro(today. Tue-Thur). Nothing on the weekend, but will be heading to Falls 90% the next weekend. Definately catch up for a shred mate! keep in touch

I’ll be up there on Saturday, anyone else?

I won’t be up till the 14th

Falls have opened up the Castle Park. They have built a big jump line on skiers left with a rail at the bottom. From pictures friends took, it looks like they were nearly done on a medium jump line with more jibs on skiers right of the lift too.

That jump looks big but small at the same time, the booter itself looks huge but then they don’t seem to get too much air off it?

Yeh, it has a big ramp, and the whole platform (including landing) is huge. But the lip to knuckle isnt much. and the slope of the ramp is rather mellow too. They are step downs so not going to kick you in the air much.

here are some other pics

Radical Gloves posted this:

A friend posted this. You can see the skiers right line now has a medium jump line

i think i need to get myself back up there.

When you heading up again Brad?

That looks really fun, reminds me of Buller summit park, way up in the open above the tree line, does it closed a lot?

Closed cos of wind and exposure? Not heaps. That bowl is kinda protected. Just depends on wind direction. Last week there was lots of gusty winds but that face/lift didnt seem to get it. They close it if its too icy/hard, or yeh if it gets super windy. But open mostly. It is pretty good that they have these jumps this early in the season. Im pretty stoked to head back up. Even the 3 small jumps at Drovers are super fun. 10-15 footers I think

deanobruce - 09 July 2012 04:01 AM

i think i need to get myself back up there.

When you heading up again Brad?

Most likely Friday night mate. Just as long as the rain doesnt do too much damage or settle in for the weekend. Being drenched doesnt go well with staying in the car. No dryroom isnt ideal

When I went to Falls last year the snow conditions weren’t that great, yet the parks were fully operational!!!!!

And the Ruined Castle area (In k2’s pics) was so uncrowded!!!!! Drovers (beginner/intermediate park)on the other hand was chockers!!!!!

Yeh drovers gets so much traffic, and the lift is SO SLOW! It is great over at Ruined for bombin the hills or park. Best when they do put medium features on the otherside as it is usually too big of a jump (excuse the pun) from the small drovers jumps to the castle ones.
Falls puts heaps of time into keeping parks running. They even got a mini shred line under drovers lift on opening weekend (i think it was opening weekend)

Yeah, I think that’s the reason why Ruined was so empty!!!!! A massive step up from Drovers!!!!!

I’m heading up Saturday. Any takers?