The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Hotham 2012

Glad you had a good time swizzy, stoked for ya shaka

Ohhh yeah, it just gets better…...

18cm fresh and still snowing!

Following the 15cm of fresh snow that fell on Saturday night, the snowstorm saw a further 18cm of fresh snow fall overnight and the snowmaking team produced almost 3000 cubic metres of snow. The average natural snowdepth is now 83cm and there are currently 8 lifts turning. Get out there for some more fresh turns and stay tuned for updates throughout the day.

The current temperature is -3.3 degrees and temperatures reached an overnight low of -4.5 degrees. Temperatures should reach a maximum of -3 degrees today.

It’s still snowing and snow showers are expected to continue throughout the day before clearing up tomorrow. Chains are being fitted to all vehicles on the Harrietville approach.

Let us know when you are heading up next swizzy, plenty of BW crew to show you about shaka

Mudhoney - 01 July 2012 10:31 AM

was a pretty scary drive up today.  near white-out, cars going sideways, people fitting chains in the middle of the road, saw one digging himself out of an embankment.

Hey Mudhoney, did you get my message yesterday?
or did I put it in my phone wrong red face

See ya next week shaka

Azz - 01 July 2012 09:30 PM
Mudhoney - 01 July 2012 10:31 AM

was a pretty scary drive up today.  near white-out, cars going sideways, people fitting chains in the middle of the road, saw one digging himself out of an embankment.

Hey Mudhoney, did you get my message yesterday?
or did I put it in my phone wrong red face

See ya next week shaka

I got old man disease and didn’t hear it!

Well here we go with mini trip report #1 lol.

Worst luck at Hotham this weekend. One of the links in my snow chains snapped, pulled part of the side skirt off my car. (that wasn’t even the worst part) A whole weekend of riding turned into about 4 runs lol.

So I’ll start my little wall of text:

My girlfriend started snowboarding this year. We’ve been up about 3 times but she’s picked it up pretty quick, starting to link turns now etc. The weather on Saturday was pretty crap so we were just riding Big D to start with. Really cloudy and windy. What made it worse was the wind was taking all the fresh snow off the top of the hill and pretty much leaving packed ice as you got off the lift.

Well in summary; she got off the lift, (not super confident getting off the lift yet) wasn’t ready for the ice, slipped landed on her back, smashed her coccyx right into the ice, and didn’t really get up again.. downer Until we got ski patrol (who were really awesome btw, big +1 for Hotham ski partol.) and got carted down on the back of a snow mobile. (Mizu style lol LOL)

Spent most of the day in the medical centre. Was a painful 4.5 hour drive home for her the next day as well, not being able to sit properly.

Here’s a photo taken on the drive down lol.

Nice mini TR. Koper!!!!! No good about the better half!!!!! I wanted the snowmobile, but they gave me the boat!!!!! If they hadn’t have pulled up so quick I would’ve rode down or walked!!!!! I’ll even drag myself inch by inch off the hill next time if I have to!!!!!

Message from Baby Mizu, she says 5 mins out of Hootersville and there’s snow in the trees!!!!!

Sounds like it’s gonna be a ripper up there today!!!!!

That sucks koper, hope your girlfriend is ok!!

Heading up tomorrow, and I’m getting sick!! Arrrrgggh… Typical on-holidays-get-sick-with-the-flu curse. Happens every time!

Pau d’arco!!

Get to a chemist and get it NOW!

You may have to shop around/be a pain to the assistants who don’t know what you are talking about but it can be found in any decent chemist.

It boasts the immune system.

Its just a natural herb supplement. Take double for a couple of days (sometimes 10 pills depending on brand) will knock your cold on its head! I woke up a fortnight ago feeling not great. Tell tale signs of a cold. But nothing worth taking cold and flu tablets for.

Went to Chemist on the way to work - ask 3 people in the shop before someone knew what I was talking about and found the tablets. Took double dose on Friday and Saturday, normal dose on Sunday. Accidently left them at Jindy on the sunday but have been fine and a cold never developed!

This is the stuff i got last week. An ex vitamins rep tried to tell me it was only a supplement in other multi vitiamins. And i pushed her to ask someone else as i knew it came on its own!
http://www.globalherbalsupplies.com/shop/herbs/herbal-tablets-capsules/nature-s-sunshine-pau-d-arco-capsules-500mg-qty-100.html

Koper, that sux for your girl!!!! In a past life I knew someone that did the same, gave her grief from then on.
It was fixed a few years later, child birth popped that little bugger back out LOL

Billy, do what Oz says and GET BETTER !!!!!

There is your answer Koper, knock her up LOL

Cheers guys, she’s ok now. Just a bit sore. Some solid advice there Azz. LOL LOL

Billy - 02 July 2012 01:36 AM

Heading up tomorrow, and I’m getting sick!! Arrrrgggh… Typical on-holidays-get-sick-with-the-flu curse. Happens every time!

While I’ve never tried ozgirls voodoo herbs, I can swear by paracetomol every 4 hours with lots of fluids!!!!! Water that is!!!!

And I mean lots of water!!!!! You’ll be goin “potty” as they say, but it will “flush” out the bugs!!!!!

* I am sooooo Punny today!!!!!

:burn:  another way to “flush out the bugs”