The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

Flying Squirrel Contest or something else?

Poll: Flying Squirrel or new trick?
Total Votes: 29
Flying Squirrel
New trick

Hmmmm

What do you reckon? .... start with like a method grab and go from there?

Hopefully this will motivate some of you to enter. $2500 total prize pool.

Flying Squirrel $1000
180 with grab $750
Straight air with grab $500
Best wipeout (must grab) $250

Boom! cool grin

Yeah baby!!! Wooot!

Awesome!!

TJswish - 02 July 2012 01:38 AM
blizzard_22 - 02 July 2012 01:35 AM

Sounds good rider, I look forward to seeing the entries cause I know that I can’t enter!

By the end of the shred, we will get you an entry smile

shaka

yep blizz there has to be some small side hit that you can try and get air and grab off!

Im tempted to just got for the wipeout one…

rider26 - 02 July 2012 01:42 AM

Flying Squirrel $1000
180 with grab $750

Boom! cool grin

Different categories like that is a great idea. I think Mizu already said it, but maybe people should only be able to enter one contest, or at least only win one?

EDIT: Above was covered on last page.

Dan83 - 02 July 2012 03:14 AM
rider26 - 02 July 2012 01:42 AM

Flying Squirrel $1000
180 with grab $750

Boom! cool grin

Different categories like that is a great idea. I think Mizu already said it, but maybe people should only be able to enter one contest, or at least only win one?

EDIT: Above was covered on last page.

I think you should be able to enter them all but maybe only win one? I don’t think I have a chance in any of them except the stack but i’d still like to try all of them.

Yeh, are you restricted to one category?
Awesome comp. I’d like to try all of them. Lets get boxy working with full T’s & C’s

rider26 - 02 July 2012 12:01 AM

^^ Hahaha. Welcome to Boardworld, bracer! shaka

We have decided to run a promotion “GRAB FOR SWAG”.

There are three categories and you can only enter one. Harder categories have a bigger prize pack. So this should encourage experiences riders to go for the bigger tricks, leaving good opportunity for less experienced riders to get one of the other prizes

Seems that way.

I think that would be a rip off to the 2nd place of the flying squirrel comp, they would probably pull a mad straight air but went for the whole shebang. I’d much prefer “you can only win 1” but can enter all of them.

Then judge the squirrel first, and take the winner out of all other comps.
etc etc.

The contest thread will launch tomorrow. Currently working on the contest poster, and terms and conditions.

We might make it so you can enter a maximum of two categories but you can only win one. What do you guys think of that?

Personally I’d prefer to make it you can only enter one. It means you have to enter in the category best suiting your ability level. Opens up opportunities for less experiences riders.

Thoughts?

rider26 - 02 July 2012 06:59 AM

The contest thread will launch tomorrow. Currently working on the contest poster, and terms and conditions.

We might make it so you can enter a maximum of two categories but you can only win one. What do you guys think of that?

Personally I’d prefer to make it you can only enter one. It means you have to enter in the category best suiting your ability level. Opens up opportunities for less experiences riders.

Thoughts?

The only problem is that it leaves people not entering the Flying squirrel contest. I’d like it if you went Flying Squirrel + one other, only can win 1 prize.

Enterin only 1 Category (Via a Pre-Nomination) will allow the not so confident, beginner and intermediate to enter!!!!!

If the experienced guys/gals can enter all or two categories then it is somewhat unfair for the not so experienced?????

And on the other hand, if the experienced riders allocate themselves into the easier categories, then they run the risk of either missin out on the Big Prize, or even risk gettin knocked out of the lower categories from either the other experienced riders, or even the not so experienced!!!!!

Adds a little strategy along with skill????? Plus it lets ALL play the game!!!!!