The BOARDWORLD Forums ran from 2009 to 2021 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive

That awkward moment when…

LOL haha!

blizzard_22 - 25 June 2012 08:08 AM

Hahaha yes yes it does take two to tango!

How about the awkward moment oz rings saying that the road past Canberra Airport to get to the hwy is blocked and you respond with “oh yeah I just saw that on twitter 5 mins ago” the response from oz was a loud “WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME!!!”

YES!!!

But i suppose you helped me get the best way out - Sutton Road is the way we used to go. I see now that i just skimmed Queanbeyan.

ozgirl - 25 June 2012 08:58 AM

How about the awkward moment oz rings saying that the road past Canberra Airport to get to the hwy is blocked and you respond with “oh yeah I just saw that on twitter 5 mins ago” the response from oz was a loud “WHY DIDNT YOU TELL ME!!!”

YES!!!

But i suppose you helped me get the best way out - Sutton Road is the way we used to go. I see now that i just skimmed Queanbeyan.

Most people do tend to stay away from Queanbeyhole!

No they don’t a lot of people do go that way from Syd to the snow. And if you do you go thru Queanbeyan.

Its not that bad!

Urgh struggle town I lock my doors when I drive through there!

It will be better when they build the Majura Parkway. Dual lanes at 100km from the Federal Hwy to the Monaro Hwy with no traffic lights. Its gonna take a while though.

Honestly I think I would prefer dual carriage way to Cooma than a Canberra by pass!

ozgirl - 25 June 2012 12:10 PM

No they don’t a lot of people do go that way from Syd to the snow. And if you do you go thru Queanbeyan.

Its not that bad!

Rule #1 when driving through Queanbeyan: Never stop at red lights. If you do you might lose more than your hubcaps/mags!!
Rule #2 when driving through Queanbeyan: Always have your windows wound up. If you’re male and you don’t random women with children will try and claim child support. If you’re female you might leave pregnant.
Rule #3: Try at all costs to avoid Queanbeyan because of rule 1 and 2!

I actually don’t mind Queanbeyan much, I stopped at the red rooster for a snack last time I went down and have worked there a few times over the years with no dramas.

I always go via Queanbeyan through fear of runnin down a politician!!!!!

I just don’t trust myself!!!!!

The even awkward-er moment when my beloved Blizz talked poor Oz through and around in a massive detour only to say after discovering at the end of the detour…“oh just read that the road is clear now!”  teacherboy

haha!

Thats was funny as well!

Don’t worry nothing can be worst than the to Bredbo incidents last year.

Going via Braidwood to Cooma - finding closed Petrol stations…. virtually rolling into Cooma!

Then waking to your car in its side the next night!

Then a couple of weeks later sitting on the side of the road watching TV shows waiting for the second incident to clear!

the awkward moment when you think its a fart…............................  confused

That awkward moment when ya find out that fatima is now somehow related to ya…..............................  LOL

Mizu Kuma - 27 June 2012 03:28 AM

That awkward moment when ya find out that fatima is now somehow related to ya…..............................  LOL

this belongs in the devo thread downer

LOL